Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI, QDMA
Hunted
MI, TX, MO, South Africa Limpopo & Northwest Provinces
Hello everyone,

Going on my first PG hunt with my father and brother in SA next August. I'll be hunting Kudu, Zebra, Blue Wildebeest, Impala, Blesbok and warthog. I'm a fan of single shot rifles so I'm bring a T/C Encore in 35 Whelen as my primary gun and a Ruger No. 1 in 30-06 as a back-up. Any advice on planning, packing or gear would be greatly appreciated.

Art, just start searching the forum and you will see plenty of answers.
If you don't find anything, just ask a specific question and someone will jump in and help.

Welcome to AH.

Good luck with your planning.

Your choices of Rifles and Calibers should serve you well. Since we will be on the same hunt I'll be able to see how well you use them.

Welcome to AH Art!

welcome!

The planning is half the fun!

Read here a bunch and then ask questions. :)

Welcome to AH Art!

Welcome toAH, Art !

Welcome to AH.

Have a great hunt.

Welcome and it is a hunt you will fondly remember

Welcome Art! Your life will never be the same!

Welcome to AH, art
Sounds like a great adventure , you have planned
Look foreward to reading about it , upon your safe return

Welcome to AH Art! Enjoy the site.

Welcome to the forum Art. I'm just across the line in Overland Park and I see Ridge Top is local as well. Be glad to help with anything I can. I Just Started a private conversation with you so respond back if you like.
Charlie

will be back in KC next week, so welcome, and a lot of good reading here with loads of advice and, heading on my first hunt over there in 114 days and counting

Welcome to the forums, get some shooting sticks and start practicing off sticks. Ammo is cheap, trophy fees are not. One of the biggest mistakes I see are guys who will not get off the bench and practice some practical field shooting.

I've posted this before but as part of my prep for Africa I use a snap cap and practice aiming and shooting at small plastic lions, zebra and buffalo. It helps me to get steady on the sticks. It also helps to get perspective on where to aim on a 3 D target.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg