Greetings all

Mauser78

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
AFA Archers
Hi.

I have been using the site a lot for info and finally joint.

Just a little bit about me.

I am from South Africa, turning 35 this year. I grew up on a farm in the Limpopo province and have been hunting from about 5 years old. My dad did not really believe in main stream calibers so from an early age i had to to learn to defend our "guns". As a kid we had close to 20 guns in the safe so i guess that is where it all started. Every "toy" was part of the familly and had its part to play on the farm. Today I still uses a 6x45 and soon his Brno 8x60s will be back in my safe.

I also do bow hunt and need to start reloading very soon since my ammo is almost finished.

Thanks for all the interesting reads and keep them coming.

Keep on living the dream, thats what gets us through the day.

Regards

Welcome to AH Mauser78! Glad you decided you jump in and looking forward to your participation and contribution...

Welcome to AH, Mauser78!

Welcome to AH Mauser78! Would love to see some of the pictures of the animals you've taken do you have any pics of the Ammo for the 6x45 not sure I've ever even seen or heard of one what are they in comparison to.

Hi Bob,

When it was still a wildcat it was called a 6mm-223. Basically a .243 bullet in a .223 case, the caliber was registered now so new name, same gun.

We shoot 99 % under 150 yrds so penetration is out of this world with very good weight retention even with "non premium" ammo. Guys are doing 2200fps to 2450 with 100gr and with ligter bullets it is a nice mid range gun as well. But it is twist sensitive, all are custom build so you need to decide before hand what you want to get out of it.

Hi Bob,

When it was still a wildcat it was called a 6mm-223. Basically a .243 bullet in a .223 case, the caliber was registered now so new name, same gun.

We shoot 99 % under 150 yrds so penetration is out of this world with very good weight retention even with "non premium" ammo. Guys are doing 2200fps to 2450 with 100gr and with ligter bullets it is a nice mid range gun as well. But it is twist sensitive, all are custom build so you need to decide before hand what you want to get out of it.

Thanks Mauser78 its wild what they can do with a 223 case, we have one that just came out recently called a 300 Blackout and if I understand it correctly its a 223 necked up to a 7.62 I've been told they make a great predator rifle and the ones I've seen come with the barrels pre-threaded for a suppressor.

image.jpg

First 2 is 6x45 both 100gr, 308, 303,8x57J, 8x60s

Welcome to AH !

welcome to AH Mauser78. Those are very interesting calibers you use. great to have you here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois