Great News

Great news!

Figure out what they will want for proof of vaccination.

Good luck on your hunt.

Best of luck and good news for you and a few other I'm sure!

I have a BC moose hunt booked for mid October and I too hope to go hunting. If you read the article that the OP linked, it says the border could be open. The headline and the article state two different things.

Prime Minister Justin Trudeau said on Thursday Canada could start allowing fully vaccinated Americans into Canada as of mid-August for non-essential travel and should be in a position to welcome fully vaccinated travelers from all countries by early September.

Last i heard was the concern on the Delta strain in regards to opening it up. Several months in a row the wording of "could open" has been used so we wait until next week to hear what the news will be.

Good news from GOABC.

Screenshot_20210719-120619.png

So all we need it for the US to reciprocate with Canada and agree to open the border. Supposedly going to happen Aug 21, but with increasing cases, etc, nothing is for certain.

United Airlines isn't even quoting flights to Fort St John. Air Canada is. I am assuming when and if the US opens up, United will start quoting flights. I have a travel credit I'd really like to use.

One issue I see with this.
1627174063923.png

With my luck I'd be selected for a random test and end up losing a day of travel. I wonder if someone does a PCR test prior to the flight it will do away with further testing if selected?

Canada went full Commie. Never go full Commie.

Fri, August 20, 2021, 7:04 AM

Aug 20 (Reuters) - The United States on Friday extended the closure of its land borders with Canada and Mexico to non-essential travel such as tourism through Sept. 21 despite Ottawa's decision to open its border to vaccinated Americans.
The latest 30-day extension by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), announced on Twitter, came after Canada said in July it would start allowing in fully vaccinated U.S. visitors starting Aug. 9 for non-essential travel after the COVID-19 pandemic prompted a lengthy ban that many businesses have called crippling.

My friend has a fishing trip there this weekend. Supposed to leave today.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NickolasAr

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg