Great American Outdoor Show, Harrisburg PA February 4 – 12, 2023 Who is Attending?

The ramp off the interstate backs up for miles. It empties on to the street where you make a left at the light on to the street that leads to the remote lot. That light lets four to six cars go at a time. Some may remember a few years back when there was a pissing match between city council and the venue's operator over paying police overtime for traffic. IIRC, it was before the city declared bankruptcy. Like I posted, it almost looks like the local pols want to sabotage the show. Having said all that, I wish they'd move it somewhere else.

Last edited:
The ramp off the interstate backs up for miles. It empties on to the street where you make a left at the light on to the street that leads to the remote lot. That light lets four to six cars go at a time. Like I posted, it almost looks like the local pols want to sabotage the show.
Gotcha. I must have come from the other direction because I didn't have to get on the interstate from where I was. Yes, I would put it past people to sabotage it!

Park at the Harrisburg Mall and take the shuttle.

My wife and I have been several times and stay at a hotel near the Harrisburg Mall. There is a shuttle from there (near Bass Pro) to the show to save on parking. We get dropped off and picked up at the door. Lots of locals ride the bus as well.

EDIT - Wife and I will not be attending this year. Going to SCI instead.

If wanting to park at the show and take the shuttle;

The suggestion I would make is don’t exit for the Farm Show Complex on N. Cameron St; but take the next exit to the east on I-81 and getting off on N. Progress going south and taking the first right on Elmerton ave. Elmerton Ave is the name of the that lot with the shuttles(about 5 minutes)

There‘s signage for the show along the way. (there are also many signs for PA Game and PA State Police Hdqtrs you pass on Elmerton ave)

There are also several hotels on N. Progress St where I stay, places to eat.

For anyone who has gone the last years it was open, has the traffic situation gotten any better? Me and a van load of buddies actually turned around and went to Cabela's in Hamburg after sitting in traffic for almost an hour to get in to the remote parking lot. Just an FYI, but Harrisburg and it's local pols are anti-gun. I get the feeling they crash the traffic lights on purpose.
traffic was a non issue. It was pretty easy going when I went.

Hey All,

Which Outfitters/Safari Companies will have a booth and display at the Great American Outdoor show, Harrisburg PA during February 4 – 12, 2023?

Also, will any of our AH members be there?
Hi Mark

We Will definitely be there, pop in to booth #5707 and come and say hi!!

Looking forward to the show and seeing everyone there!

Kind regards

Aj Fourie.

For those concerned about traffic, do like it was suggested and park at Bass Pro and take the shuttle. It runs non stop. I have gone to the show every year since I was a kid. I avoid the first weekend, it's just crazy crowded. Go mid week. The last few years we've been going the last weekend. Actually on super bowl sunday, crowds are very light. Sometimes you can get some last minute deals. Im sure by that point in the show many outfitters have had their fill of it and are ready to pack it in.

I’ve attended for the last 2+ decades. I look forward to it every year as Feb is mid winter cabin fever. Traffic has not really been an issue recently. I have found parking within walking distance.

For those concerned about traffic, do like it was suggested and park at Bass Pro and take the shuttle. It runs non stop. I have gone to the show every year since I was a kid. I avoid the first weekend, it's just crazy crowded. Go mid week. The last few years we've been going the last weekend. Actually on super bowl sunday, crowds are very light. Sometimes you can get some last minute deals. Im sure by that point in the show many outfitters have had their fill of it and are ready to pack it in.
The last weekend deals are not a joke and just like @Biddleman said...especially on Sunday.

If you're not spending the night, parking at Bass Pro Shops at the Harrisburg Mall is the way to go. I suggest purchasing your show tickets online, in advance and you get to avoid the line when the shuttle drops you off at the show

I have gone to the show most years over the last two decades. I arrive at opening time and have never had traffic issues.

Hi Mark
We will also be at the Harrisburg show booth number #6129. Feel free to stop by and half a talk about Namibia.

Is there a GAOS APP for 2023? I used it to find booths a few years ago and now I can't find the app in Google play.

Same time as the Sportsmen's Show on the wet side of WA.

I have my list of booths to visit to chat about all things Sable...

It has been 17 or more years since I attended due to geography...
Do they still have shuttles that pick up people from the gigantic parking lots?

Mark i have seen you walk miles in the bush
Why do you need a shuttle in a parking lot

Hey All,

Which Outfitters/Safari Companies will have a booth and display at the Great American Outdoor show, Harrisburg PA during February 4 – 12, 2023?

Also, will any of our AH members be there?
Hi Mark, Kwalata Safaris will be there, Feel free to come and greet us at booth nr #5707. Looking forward to meeting you!

Kind Regards
Aj Fourie.

I'm going to give it a try, driving down from Canada
Where about in Ont? I know the wife wants to travel south this winter, and almost convinced her about going to the Madison Wisc hunting show in March, but might look at this one as well, will have to check out the site and dates and see what else I can fool my wife into lol

cheers

Mark i have seen you walk miles in the bush
Why do you need a shuttle in a parking lot
True as that is, Limpopo in October is hot. Pennsylvania in February can have wet, freezing wind sweeping across a half mile walk to shelter! Darn it can get cold!

The cold wind reminds seemingly every joint in my body of my lifetime of athletic indiscretions.

I reached out the the NRA Shows & Exhibits Division and they responded, "We do not have a GAOS Mobile App this year however, it will be returning in 2024!"

True as that is, Limpopo in October is hot. Pennsylvania in February can have wet, freezing wind sweeping across a half mile walk to shelter! Darn it can get cold!

The cold wind reminds seemingly every joint in my body of my lifetime of athletic indiscretions.
i hear you
i would also want a shuttle in those weather conditions

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ArtLuse26

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you