Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI Member
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
The Great American Outdoor Show is in Harrisburg, PA from Feb 1st to the 9th.
https://www.greatamericanoutdoorshow.org/

The wife and I will be going to meet up with our safari company and PH on opening weekend.
I've spoken to a few members here who will be attending as well and thought I'd start a thread.
Maybe get together for a drink or even dinner.
Cheers.

My plan is to attend on day 2, Sunday February 2. I would love to attend a get together.

We will be there the 6-8th.

I plan to arrive on Sunday, day 2 and return home either Tuesday or Wednesday.

Learned about this recently and am looking to possibly attend the show, but it would have to be next weekend. I just started a new position at work leading a team in another office and don't feel comfortable asking for time off, even though I have plenty of vacation time on the books. Just not a good time. Will be coming up from south of Washington DC, so will look to get up there on Saturday and stay overnight and attend part of Sunday too.

Learned about this recently and am looking to possibly attend the show, but it would have to be next weekend. I just started a new position at work leading a team in another office and don't feel comfortable asking for time off, even though I have plenty of vacation time on the books. Just not a good time. Will be coming up from south of Washington DC, so will look to get up there on Saturday and stay overnight and attend part of Sunday too.
We lived down Staunton for a bit in the late 90's.
Beautiful country out there.

Which Sunday were you talking about...the 2nd or the 9th of Feb?

We lived down Staunton for a bit in the late 90's.
Beautiful country out there.

Which Sunday were you talking about...the 2nd or the 9th of Feb?

I was thinking Saturday and Sunday; the 1st and 2nd. I understand it's a mad house trying to get in on the weekends. Would have preferred during the week, but having taken on new responsibilities at work recently, that's not really an option.

@Ridge Runner and I are meeting up for dinner on Sunday, 2 Feb 2020.
Anyone is welcome to join us.
If you let me know in advance I will add you to the reservation.

Hello guys we are going to be in the Great American Outdoor Show, booth Nº 5921. If you want pass by and we can talk there!

Been to it multiple times and it seems the last few days aren't as bad as the first weekend/first few days.

Yes, the first days are usually the most crowded ones. During the week it´s much more calm and you will have also more time to talk with any outfitter or shop you want to visit as they won’t have much people on their booth as on the weekends.

Been to it multiple times and it seems the last few days aren't as bad as the first weekend/first few days.

Thanks. That's good to know. Perhaps I can swing the second weekend.

I’ll probably go at least 2 days. Only a 2 hr drive, so i have flexibility. Likely the first Sun and one day during the week.

My wife and I are planning on meeting Ridge Runner for dinner and anyone is welcome to join us.

When: Sunday 2 Feb 2020.
Time: 6-6:30 but we haven't nailed it down yet.
Location - Lancaster Brewery, 469 Eisenhower Blvd, Harrisburg, PA 17111

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg