Gray's Sporting Journal Review for Cries of the Savanna and Mike Arnold's Bringing Back the Lions

Sue Tidwell

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, DSC, RMEF, Wild Sheep Society, etc
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique
Woohoo! It was awesome to see Gray’s Sporting Journal stand up for hunting in Africa and include a two-page review for Cries of the Savanna and Mike Arnold’s book Bringing Back the Lions. There are so many American hunters who do not fully understand the importance of hunting African Wildlife...so this is wonderful!

Excerpt from the review: “Her (Sue Tidwell's) excellent eye for landscape and wildlife brings the reader into Africa on every page, sharing in her exhausting joy: ‘The day had been punishing: many long arduous hours of hunting but no harvesting. We had tracked a dagga boy, stalked multiple zebra, eaten lunch under the canopy of a Lucky Bean tree, and were exposed to countless new experiences, wildlife and lands. Heck we'd even been showered with feces from giant-sized bats. I couldn't remember ever having a day as exhausting, sweltering, grueling and sometimes frustrating. Yet, unbelievably, I couldn't wait to do it again."

Buy Cries of the Savanna to put boots on the ground today! Available on Amazon and FREE on kindle unlimited. https://bit.ly/Cries-Savanna. Also, signed copies are available on my website www.suetidwell.com.
Bringing back the Lions is available on Amazon as well!

Note: This review was actually in the November issue but I only recently received a copy of it.
Gray's Sporting Journal-Sue Tidwell Review-pg2-wildlife conservation.png

Gray's Sporting Journal-Sue Tidwell review-wildlife conservation.png

Congrats on the great review. I got my copy of your book on I think Monday and finished it on Tue. I enjoyed it a great deal.
Bruce

Congrats on the great review. I got my copy of your book on I think Monday and finished it on Tue. I enjoyed it a great deal.
Bruce
Holy cow @gillettehunter, you are a FAST reader! I'm really glad you enjoyed the book. How are you feeling after your hip surgery. If I remember correctly, you were looking forward to reading it while you were on the mend.

Hey, I'm going to leave a link here just in case you might like to leave a review on Amazon. They are critical for algorithms etc and help get the book in front of more people. It doesn't have to be long and complicated. Even just a few words and/or a star rating are wonderful. Here is the link just in case you want to. Thanks so much....and thank you for including Cries of the Savanna on your reading agenda! I appreciate it.

Amazon review link:
http://www.amazon.com/review/create-review?&asin=B09M4BRYJ9

Well, Bruce, you obviously have no further need of said book. Shall I PM my mailing address?:cool:

Woohoo! It was awesome to see Gray’s Sporting Journal stand up for hunting in Africa and include a two-page review for Cries of the Savanna and Mike Arnold’s book Bringing Back the Lions. There are so many American hunters who do not fully understand the importance of hunting African Wildlife...so this is wonderful!

Excerpt from the review: “Her (Sue Tidwell's) excellent eye for landscape and wildlife brings the reader into Africa on every page, sharing in her exhausting joy: ‘The day had been punishing: many long arduous hours of hunting but no harvesting. We had tracked a dagga boy, stalked multiple zebra, eaten lunch under the canopy of a Lucky Bean tree, and were exposed to countless new experiences, wildlife and lands. Heck we'd even been showered with feces from giant-sized bats. I couldn't remember ever having a day as exhausting, sweltering, grueling and sometimes frustrating. Yet, unbelievably, I couldn't wait to do it again."

Buy Cries of the Savanna to put boots on the ground today! Available on Amazon and FREE on kindle unlimited. https://bit.ly/Cries-Savanna. Also, signed copies are available on my website www.suetidwell.com.
Bringing back the Lions is available on Amazon as well!

Note: This review was actually in the November issue but I only recently received a copy of it.View attachment 516630

View attachment 516629
Congratulations! Absolutely loved the book cover to cover!!!

Congrats on the review! Looking forward to meeting you and picking up a few copies at SCI!

Congratulations! Absolutely loved the book cover to cover!!!
Thanks @Rare Breed! I'm so glad you loved the book. It makes me so happy when I hear that hard-core African hunters like it even though it might not be the kind of hunting book you are used to.

Hey Craig, if it isn't too much trouble, would you mind leaving a review on Amazon. They are critical for algorithms and help keep the book relevant (7,000 new books come out a month!!!). The review doesn't have to be long and complicated. Even a few words like what you wrote above and/or a star rating is WONDERFUL. In case you decide to, I'll put a link below that will take you right there. And, if I already asked this, I apologize. My mind is a little muddled these days. LOL!

Amazon review link:
http://www.amazon.com/review/create-review?&asin=B09M4BRYJ9

Congrats on the review! Looking forward to meeting you and picking up a few copies at SCI!
Thanks Tom @rinehart0050. I appreciate it. It is always nice when the book is recognized like that....and may help more people learn about Africa. I look forward to meeting you at SCI! I'm getting excited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JoanRigby4

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you