Gracy Travel or Travel Express?

I tried to use Gracy several years back , sent 4 emails with no response so I went to Travel Express first booked through Lori then she passed me down to Jennifer for trips 4-7. Outstanding group of people.

Thank you everyone for the positive feedback, you're the reason we're here and appreciate your support so much.

I realize you asked for responses from those that have used both, and I have always used Gracy, but I couldn’t help putting my 2 cents worth in. Bruce and all the people Gracy has in the airport in joburg have saved my trips a couple of times.
Again, never used Travel Express, so they may have the same assets in joburg as Gracy. Just wanted to put a plug in for Gracy.

I realize you asked for responses from those that have used both, and I have always used Gracy, but I couldn’t help putting my 2 cents worth in. Bruce and all the people Gracy has in the airport in joburg have saved my trips a couple of times.
Again, never used Travel Express, so they may have the same assets in joburg as Gracy. Just wanted to put a plug in for Gracy.
Bruce is gold for sure.

What were the situations that they saved your trip? Gracy’s people in Johannesburg are great, but I can’t think of what they can do that Africa Sky, Afton, Rifle Permits or any other service there can’t do to help you? All the services at the airport that specialize in helping hunters seem very good at what they do.

I used TWG on both my trips (2013 and 2018) and had no issues. Highly recommend them.

What were the situations that they saved your trip? Gracy’s people in Johannesburg are great, but I can’t think of what they can do that Africa Sky, Afton, Rifle Permits or any other service there can’t do to help you? All the services at the airport that specialize in helping hunters seem very good at what they do.
As I said, others may have all the same assets at the airport that Gracy has. I just know from my experiences that Gracy has people in the airport seemingly 24/7 who seemingly know and have good relationships with everybody working in the airport. Because of this, they can make things happen that I could have never made happen on my own.
Jennifer at travel express sounds great from what everybody says, and they may can do everything Gracy can do on the ground in Jo’burg. As I said, just putting a plug in for Gracy because they have earned my loyalty by getting things done for me on site that I could have never done on my own.

I have only used Jennifer for my four trips and have nothing but good things to say about her.
Let me say this tho. In 2018 when I was booking my first trip to South Africa I first called Gracy. Since they are in my home state I figured would be easiest to use. No answer when I called and left message, next day called again left message. After no call backs on day three I contacted Jennifer and got immediate service and had flights booked within 24 hours.
Gracy never did return my phone call.

Jennifer Travel Express will always do my travel arrangements.

Are these companies just booking agents and a type of insurance to relieve your stress or do they offer/find discounted airfare?

Are these companies just booking agents and a type of insurance to relieve your stress or do they offer/find discounted airfare?
You can read more about @TRAVEL EXPRESS who has been a sponsor here on AH for the last 12 years at the following, great services, pricing and as you mentioned a great stress relief when traveling knowing that they have your back:

I called Gracy and asked for prices on their services and what turned me off is I was told they charge 150.00 for non hunters and 300.00 for hunters. when asked why the difference I was told "because hunters ask more questions and our time is worth something" they lost me.

I have used Gracy most often, but exceptional service with both.

I called Gracy and asked for prices on their services and what turned me off is I was told they charge 150.00 for non hunters and 300.00 for hunters. when asked why the difference I was told "because hunters ask more questions and our time is worth something" they lost me.

You need to call them back and tell them that you won't ask any questions and that you want the cheaper rate.

TWG charges the same fee. All I can tell is that it is for them handling your rifle permits if you are using a service in SA, along with notifying some airlines that you are going to have a rifle in luggage.

It's a total ripoff if you ask me. I never did get a solid answer from TWG for the extra $150 for those who are taking a rifle.

Gracy with Shawn and Bruce. Bruce knows everyone at Joberg. If you’re connecting to Airlink on an Airlink flight out of South Africa to Zim, Bots, Moz, etc… he will take you and your bags and cut the Airlink line and get you to your next flight really fast! The Airlink line moves really slow, partly because the check-in agents cannot accept payment. You wait in line, get an invoice for your rifle case charges, leave the line and go to the payment desk and then back in line. Bruce cuts through all that BS and you’re moving on quickly to your gate. He’s golden.

I've lost count of how many times I've seen Bruce's friendly face waiting for me, helping me coming and going out of JNB over the past 11 or 12 years. He also has a great memory of past clients. :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
OdessaHayg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.