AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
AK WSF, AMM, DSC, GOA, GRAA, NRA, PHASA, SCI, WSF
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Zimbabwe and Argentina, Canada, England, Macedonia, Mexico, Serbia, Alaska, USA
We are Headed to South Africa next year and Zimbabwe in 2024. Flying first class in whatever airline has beds. Last time I went was 15 years ago and I used Gracy Travel then, no complaints.

Curious who folks that have used BOTH Gracy Travel AND Travel Express would recommend. We will be traveling with firearms.

Thanks in advance.

I previously used Gracy through 2019. I used Travel Express/Jennifer for my last two trips to South Africa and Zimbabwe and was very happy with the booking. I won’t be using Gracy again, they missed minor things they shouldn’t have on every trip such as frequent flier numbers, gun permit approval notification, seat selection. Their people on the ground in Johannesburg are great, but it’s not something rifle permits or Africa Sky or any other service can’t do equally well. I’ll be using travel express for my future trips to Southern Africa.

I used gracy last time because travel express wasn't taking new clients at the time. Gracy worked fine, the guys on the ground were good too.
I'm kinda hoping to try travel express next time, I've always heard great things about them. Both will probably get you where you're going

What about Travel With Guns? Sorry for thread hijacking
I used TWG earlier this year. Planning on trying either Gracy or Travel Express for the next trip. Nothing bad to say about them, just wasn’t exactly thrilled with response time, customer service, etc. when my flight to JNB was canceled due to fuel shortage. I ended up having to come up with a route around JNB on my own and reading them the flight numbers so they could rebook me after they told me there wasn’t another option. I would have been better off without an agent… that trip was without firearms though.

I used TWG earlier this year. Planning on trying either Gracy or Travel Express for the next trip. Nothing bad to say about them, just wasn’t exactly thrilled with response time, customer service, etc. when my flight to JNB was canceled due to fuel shortage. I ended up having to come up with a route around JNB on my own and reading them the flight numbers so they could rebook me after they told me there wasn’t another option. I would have been better off without an agent… that trip was without firearms though.
Thank you sir

I have used Gracy travel four times. The first three times I dealt directly with Gracy, and she was very good. On my most recent trip I dealt with some guy named Gio, and he left much to be desired. I can't speak for Travel Express, but since Gracy has stepped away from the day to day their service has dwindled.

Not meaning to be critical, but I had a mixed experience with Lori, RIP. When Jennifer took over, the one time I used her she was great! She will get my business again.

We are Headed to South Africa next year and Zimbabwe in 2024. Flying first class in whatever airline has beds. Last time I went was 15 years ago and I used Gracy Travel then, no complaints.

Curious who folks that have used BOTH Gracy Travel AND Travel Express would recommend. We will be traveling with firearms.

Thanks in advance.
I’ve used all of them. I use TWG but if I had to choose I’d advise Travel Express not Gracy. They fired me as a longtime customer for comparing prices!

TWG has had some poor reviews/comments on the other network not long ago. I have used Travel express and been happy.
TWG has had some poor reviews/comments on the other network not long ago. I have used Travel express and been happy.
Bruce
TWG handles more clients that the other ones combined. I am sure there will be some complaints when you deal with that many people. Plus flying stresses most people out and they want to blame someone for the terrible customer service of the airlines these days. I had 11 of us going to SA last year when Delta cancelled on us. TWG had us all rebooked on 3 different airlines in 24 hours!

Jennifer @TRAVEL EXPRESS is who we have used in the past. Solid performance and great communication.

I have never used a travel agent before. We met them at the DSC AH dinner in 2020. We knew then they were good people. When we checked their prices it was a done deal. Will not travel abroad without her now. Had an issue, made a phone call and it was handled. Yes that is their job that is what we pay them to do. That said when people are good at what they do and care about you and your family. Well that matters, that is the kind of customer service I want. Treat me fairly you earn my business Treat me like a friend you earn my loyalty.

I previously used Gracy through 2019. I used Travel Express/Jennifer for my last two trips to South Africa and Zimbabwe and was very happy with the booking. I won’t be using Gracy again, they missed minor things they shouldn’t have on every trip such as frequent flier numbers, gun permit approval notification, seat selection. Their people on the ground in Johannesburg are great, but it’s not something rifle permits or Africa Sky or any other service can’t do equally well. I’ll be using travel express for my future trips to Southern Africa.
I also went through Jennifer at Travel Express when booking the travel arrangements on my safari this year. I can't recommend her highly enough! She knew or thought of stuff that hadn't even occurred to me. I will certainly be calling her again for future hunts!

Thanks in advance.
we use Gracy all the time been over 8 times alwats with them Shawn is the best along with BRUCE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FrederickD

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross