AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Member of
DU, JSA, NAHC( Life member), NRA (Life member)
Hunted
Namibia, Zimbabwe, USA (PA ,WY,TX,MT,AK,NJ,DE,VA,WV,SD,MA,NC,FL,MD,CA) Canada (QC,NF,ON,NT,NWT,BC), New Zealand
Got a message from Von Gruff yesterday stating that my knife I had ordered is finished and ready to ship as soon as payment was received. Well payment was taken care of rather quickly and now I'm eagerly awaiting its arrival. I went with one of his Tahr Hunter models and opted for a horizontal cross draw sheath with a closed top.
Tahr Hunter.jpg

Way cool!

I like the proportion, not a fan of large knives, but this looks just right, congratulations.

He does outstanding work! Very nice-looking knife! I am very happy for you!

Beautiful! I own two of his knives, and I'm very happy with them. :)

Last edited:
Excellent! Congratulations on a great knife! I love his knives!! Your knife looks wonderful!

Thanks everyone. Is anybody using a horizontal sheath for hunting over here in the states? I decided to try one because I've always been a fan of larger knives (not huge, but bigger than most) and they are a pain when getting in and out of vehicles and would rub on my rifle when sling carrying on my right side. I'm hoping that downsizing a bit and cross draw carrying eliminates those problems.

jduckhunter, you won't be disappointed with your new knife. I have a number of Von Gruff's knives, the Tahr Hunter somehow just feels right to me. I got the same style sheath you did. I know for a fact that you will enjoy using it.

As happy as you are now, you'll be even happier once you get the knife and see how truly good they are.

Appreciate the kind words and the opportunity you all give me to continue developing new directions with this most enjoyable hobby.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BennettTim

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross