Got the CZ blues, no mas

Earle

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Orillia gun Club, Bancroft Fish and Game Club
Just wanted to post a follow up to my earlier one regarding my CZ 458wm. Got it back from the shop on Saturday and took it to the range to-day. Extreme happiness and joy. All is right with the world. Reaming it out to a Lott made all the difference in the world. Feeds and extracts as it should and the smith even smoothed up the bolt. With the help of a lead sled, i put a full box of Hornady DGXs thru it and accuracy and operation was all i could ask for. Next trip we graduate to the stix.

Did you have the barrel stamped 458LOTT?
In several countries the rifle has to match the ammo.

Yay! They should have taken a page from Browning and put spacers in the magazine for the WM and done a smaller follower.

Watch out with the lead sled, you will have a 2 piece stock, sooner than later

Yay! They should have taken a page from Browning and put spacers in the magazine for the WM and done a smaller follower.
Unfortunately that still doesn't work I tried spacers. The CZ action is big-thats why people use them for 505 gibbs and 500 Jeff. The bolt is big, the lugs are big and so the angles to get from the magazine to the chamber are steep because of the longer distance the cartridge needs to lift up and go into the chamber.

I spent quite a few hours trying to sort the problem and only fixed it by reaming to Lott.

Just wanted to post a follow up to my earlier one regarding my CZ 458wm. Got it back from the shop on Saturday and took it to the range to-day. Extreme happiness and joy. All is right with the world. Reaming it out to a Lott made all the difference in the world. Feeds and extracts as it should and the smith even smoothed up the bolt. With the help of a lead sled, i put a full box of Hornady DGXs thru it and accuracy and operation was all i could ask for. Next trip we graduate to the stix.
Glad you came right. IMHO it is the best solution. Does yours feed flat nose solids ? Useful if you ever go after elephant.

Only used the sled for sighting in purposes. Now it is on paper, it will be shot off stix only.
Watch out with the lead sled, you will have a 2 piece stock, sooner than later
Have some Nosler solids in 458wm factory ammo i'm looking to sell. If i can't get rid of them, i'm going to pull the bullets and reload them for the Lott, then we'll see.
Glad you came right. IMHO it is the best solution. Does yours feed flat nose solids ? Useful if you ever go after elephant.

Unfortunately that still doesn't work I tried spacers. The CZ action is big-thats why people use them for 505 gibbs and 500 Jeff. The bolt is big, the lugs are big and so the angles to get from the magazine to the chamber are steep because of the longer distance the cartridge needs to lift up and go into the chamber.

I spent quite a few hours trying to sort the problem and only fixed it by reaming to Lott.
Did you try making a delrin spacer on the front of the magazine and extending it up to be a feed ramp? That is what I was thinking about. Anyway glad all was sorted out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois