Got the CZ blues, no mas

Earle

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Orillia gun Club, Bancroft Fish and Game Club
Just wanted to post a follow up to my earlier one regarding my CZ 458wm. Got it back from the shop on Saturday and took it to the range to-day. Extreme happiness and joy. All is right with the world. Reaming it out to a Lott made all the difference in the world. Feeds and extracts as it should and the smith even smoothed up the bolt. With the help of a lead sled, i put a full box of Hornady DGXs thru it and accuracy and operation was all i could ask for. Next trip we graduate to the stix.

BeeMaa

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Life Member, SCI
Hunted
Eastern US & RSA
Did you have the barrel stamped 458LOTT?
In several countries the rifle has to match the ammo.

Forrest Halley

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Yay! They should have taken a page from Browning and put spacers in the magazine for the WM and done a smaller follower.

neckdeep

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI DSC DU Pheasants Forever
Hunted
Zimbabwe, Mozambique, USA, Argentina
Watch out with the lead sled, you will have a 2 piece stock, sooner than later

Nhoro

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Yay! They should have taken a page from Browning and put spacers in the magazine for the WM and done a smaller follower.
Unfortunately that still doesn't work I tried spacers. The CZ action is big-thats why people use them for 505 gibbs and 500 Jeff. The bolt is big, the lugs are big and so the angles to get from the magazine to the chamber are steep because of the longer distance the cartridge needs to lift up and go into the chamber.

I spent quite a few hours trying to sort the problem and only fixed it by reaming to Lott.

Nhoro

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Just wanted to post a follow up to my earlier one regarding my CZ 458wm. Got it back from the shop on Saturday and took it to the range to-day. Extreme happiness and joy. All is right with the world. Reaming it out to a Lott made all the difference in the world. Feeds and extracts as it should and the smith even smoothed up the bolt. With the help of a lead sled, i put a full box of Hornady DGXs thru it and accuracy and operation was all i could ask for. Next trip we graduate to the stix.
Glad you came right. IMHO it is the best solution. Does yours feed flat nose solids ? Useful if you ever go after elephant.

Earle

AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
Orillia gun Club, Bancroft Fish and Game Club
Only used the sled for sighting in purposes. Now it is on paper, it will be shot off stix only.
Watch out with the lead sled, you will have a 2 piece stock, sooner than later
Have some Nosler solids in 458wm factory ammo i'm looking to sell. If i can't get rid of them, i'm going to pull the bullets and reload them for the Lott, then we'll see.
Glad you came right. IMHO it is the best solution. Does yours feed flat nose solids ? Useful if you ever go after elephant.

Forrest Halley

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Unfortunately that still doesn't work I tried spacers. The CZ action is big-thats why people use them for 505 gibbs and 500 Jeff. The bolt is big, the lugs are big and so the angles to get from the magazine to the chamber are steep because of the longer distance the cartridge needs to lift up and go into the chamber.

I spent quite a few hours trying to sort the problem and only fixed it by reaming to Lott.
Did you try making a delrin spacer on the front of the magazine and extending it up to be a feed ramp? That is what I was thinking about. Anyway glad all was sorted out.

Latest profile posts

mbogo45 wrote on Jager Waffen74's profile.
Appreciate your info and feedback, I looked at some European websites to try and get info on the value of this particular Steyr. Further input from you on it's value would be appreciated as you have a bunch of them. I assume you collect the Steyr Luxus for a reason ---they are a finely built rifle.
I’ll never hunt Africa, but give me please a Jack O’Connor hunt up high in the Canadian Rockies!
Just came from a hunt and already longing for the bush
JPmbogo wrote on yhc's profile.
I have factory loaded Hornady 450 NE 3 1/4 DGS that I am selling for not much more than the brass itself at $75/box - see my listing for same.