Got My John Rigby in 275 Rigby

Wonderful rifle.

But damn. That is an abomination of a sling for a Rigby. :oops: The canvas Trader Keith strap is supremely functional and looks really good on a rifle like that. http://traderkeith.com/products.html :A Way To Go:

Surely there is a Savage in the gun safe begging to wear for that cobra thing. ;)
Hopefully this helps provide a visual of the look you mention. This one is serial number 31xx, from about 1909. They’re a handy, affordable little sling for a light rifle.

1641944131456.jpeg

Looks like the stock has quite a bit of drop. How does that affect your cheek weld, when using the scope?
Mine has open sights and a quick detachable scope - so it’s always a compromise. The drop on Rare Breed’s wonderful rifle looks like what I’ve most commonly seen on the ones without open sights.

Super excited to get my John Rigby 275 Rigby caliber! Thanks Rookhawk for your vintage gun posts...it drove me to get the attached. A really cool thing I did which is also attached is to use John Rigby's service to get the gun's providence. It turns out the gun was built in 1956 not 1920's like I was originally told. It was sent back to the factory at Rigby in 2010 for another barrel.

I am shooting it for the first time this weekend! I will be hunting Bushbuck with it in 23.
View attachment 446141View attachment 446143
WOW what a great find and addition to your battery

One of my grail guns and caliber!!!

Wonderful rifle.

But damn. That is an abomination of a sling for a Rigby. :oops: The canvas Trader Keith strap is supremely functional and looks really good on a rifle like that. http://traderkeith.com/products.html :A Way To Go:

Surely there is a Savage in the gun safe begging to wear for that cobra thing. ;)
Lol! It was a real honor meeting you Red Leg at the dinner! Don’t let me let everyone down on our forum…I am buying a new sling tomorrow!!!

Mine has open sights and a quick detachable scope - so it’s always a compromise. The drop on Rare Breed’s wonderful rifle looks like what I’ve most commonly seen on the ones without open sights.
Interesting to your point…when I talked to Rigby today they said the original barrel from 1956 had two leaves for open sights but the replacement barrel from them in 2010 does not

What a lovely rifle! Hope you have many successful hunts with it.

Everyone I looked at the white canvas slings and show dirt too much… no thank you… called Rigby shop and ordered a Rigby sling identical to what Red Leg showed only 100% leather and Rigby embossed…I know I know wasting my money but will match my 275 Rigby…I don’t have any more Savages so I placed the “cobra” lol! On my 50 year old Ruger M77 30-06

Wow! Shot my 275 Rigby for first time today. What a sweet shooting gun. Best trigger I have ever had. At 100 yards with factory 140 grain ammo three shots at 1/2 inch MOA

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!