Lifetime bronze benefactor
Platinum supporter
AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Super excited to get my John Rigby 275 Rigby caliber! Thanks Rookhawk for your vintage gun posts...it drove me to get the attached. A really cool thing I did which is also attached is to use John Rigby's service to get the gun's providence. It turns out the gun was built in 1956 not 1920's like I was originally told. It was sent back to the factory at Rigby in 2010 for another barrel.

I am shooting it for the first time this weekend! I will be hunting Bushbuck with it in 23.
Rigby 275.jpg
Rigby Providence.jpg

Awesome! Congrats on the beautiful new add!

Congratulations! That is a great looking rifle that should serve you very well. Bushbuck is a challenging and worthy quarry to boot. Good luck!
Unlike some makers, the Rigby numbers seem to be actually ”serial”. In other words, the completion date can be roughly determined from those with similar numbers.

Nice catch. I assume that the floor plate isn’t hinged. So basically military release ?

More pictures please. Lovely rifle, congrats!!!!

Beautiful rifle! Well done!

Wow, congratulations.

Super excited to get my John Rigby 275 Rigby caliber! Thanks Rookhawk for your vintage gun posts...it drove me to get the attached. A really cool thing I did which is also attached is to use John Rigby's service to get the gun's providence. It turns out the gun was built in 1956 not 1920's like I was originally told. It was sent back to the factory at Rigby in 2010 for another barrel.

I am shooting it for the first time this weekend! I will be hunting Bushbuck with it in 23.
View attachment 446141View attachment 446143
Wonderful rifle.

But damn. That is an abomination of a sling for a Rigby. :oops: The canvas Trader Keith strap is supremely functional and looks really good on a rifle like that. http://traderkeith.com/products.html :A Way To Go:

Surely there is a Savage in the gun safe begging to wear for that cobra thing. ;)

Nice Rifle, Hope you get to enjoy it for many years.

Congratulations, great rifle and caliber. Enjoy your Bushbuck hunt.

Congrats! Looks very nice indeed.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LauriMolon

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!