Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
SCI
Hunted
USA, S. Africa
So on FB I have a pic of my son and I as my profile pic with his impala. Posted in a friend's thread. One of his friends said I should be f---ing shot, nice. I replied to his post telling him to read about sustainable use of wildlife, but then thought it better just to report the post to FB.

Edit: The guy said shot not murdered, same difference I guess.

Phil, Do not reply in any way and make sure that your son does not get involved either You will be better off reporting the post to the authorities and having FB remove it. Before taking any action make sure to take a screen shot of that page/post.

Great advice Jerome.

We now have television ads warning children about the consequences of Bullying through electronic media.
Never mind potential Criminal proceedings.

SAD!

Phil, Do not reply in any way and make sure that your son does not get involved either You will be better off reporting the post to the authorities and having FB remove it. Before taking any action make sure to take a screen shot of that page/post.

Yeah well my reply went out already. It was totally polite and did not contain any threats. After replying I reported it to FB. The idiot can no longer see me and thankfully I won't see him either on FB. FB emails you whenever someone else replies in a thread that you have, so I have an email with his picture on it and his post to me.

As far as report to authorities, not sure who that would be or if worthwhile. I think the guy lives in Texas, I'm in Arizona.

First off, CONGRATS ON YOUR FIRST! :cool:

Second: Do NOT screw around with this. REPORT IT. if anything happens in the future this will help show trending. You cannot screw with this and roll over, it invites permission that you find it acceptable behavior and invites future negative abuse.

I bet the same guy is the type to like anti bullying pages.

sorry to hear. This kind of crap certainly has to be policed, and soon.

Sounds like you got it reported and sorted out Phil, sorry to hear it happened in the first place. Pretty much same kind of thing happened with a picture my wife posted on her FB.

Sorry to hear about this... You did the right thing...

What a shame. Good on you for playing it smart. Remember, if everybody is happy with you, you're doing something wrong.

Sounds like you got it reported and sorted out Phil, sorry to hear it happened in the first place. Pretty much same kind of thing happened with a picture my wife posted on her FB.

The worst we got was reported for posting images depicting brutality.

Yeah that is such friggin BS. These a-holes that like to be so "big" behind the computer screen, FB, twitter, whatever... what a joke. Not to mention, these jerks justify killing a human, for you harvesting an animal..... Really??? What logic is that?

It gets better. The guy eats meat and his family raise cattle for profit and their own consumption. And he calls me a murderer of innocent animals!

Sadly there is way to much mud in the gene pool.

It gets better. The guy eats meat and his family raise cattle for profit and their own consumption. And he calls me a murderer of innocent animals!

Heres your sign.

I would be curious how he feels about gophers and badgers. Im sure he must have had some profit go down the tube due to broken legs over the years

As far as report to authorities, not sure who that would be or if worthwhile. I think the guy lives in Texas, I'm in Arizona.

It seems like the local police would be a good starting point. At least they can give you some info. First, they may look at it and say that there's a big difference between saying someone "should be shot" and "will be shot". Or, they may look at it and see it as a threat. Second, if they think that this can be considered a criminal act but outside of their jurisdiction, they should be able to direct you to the right agency (FBI?).

From what I can tell, neither Texas or Arizona have statutes specifically aimed at cyberbullying. http://www.cyberbullying.us/Bullying_and_Cyberbullying_Laws.pdf

The FBI does get involved in some cases as you can see from this press release.
FBI ? Joseph Joel Morales-Serrano Arrested, Charged with Cyberbullying

Whatever course you take, good luck.

It's amazing how some people behave on the internet. I've seen and heard some of the most vile and disgusting things said about other people, mainly hunters, on Facebook.

That is something I deal with pretty regularly on my Facebook page and I'm starting to build quite a list of "banned" users. Every now and then I have someone get on that is interested in having an honest debate and I'll engage them respectfully. However, those people are the exception. With those people who are just interested in posting threats and vile comments, I don't mess around. They all get banned and reported to Facebook for "hate speech or personal attack."

For those people only interested in posting nasty comments, I figure that I'd get better results from talking to a brick wall than trying to engage them in debate and inform them about the conservation benefits of hunting.

in the world of the blind , the one eyed man is king

It's amazing how some people behave on the internet. I've seen and heard some of the most vile and disgusting things said about other people, mainly hunters, on Facebook.

That is something I deal with pretty regularly on my Facebook page and I'm starting to build quite a list of "banned" users. Every now and then I have someone get on that is interested in having an honest debate and I'll engage them respectfully. However, those people are the exception. With those people who are just interested in posting threats and vile comments, I don't mess around. They all get banned and reported to Facebook for "hate speech or personal attack."

For those people only interested in posting nasty comments, I figure that I'd get better results from talking to a brick wall than trying to engage them in debate and inform them about the conservation benefits of hunting.

Facebook in it's infinite wisdom decided that the post by the moron did not violate policy. I can't help but wonder if the person making that decision is not also an anti.

But the good news is that this has caused my friend from high school and I to have a discussion on hunting. He is very much a liberal, lives in downtown Washington, D.C., not in anyway an outdoors guy. But he's not an anti, just a non-hunter. He started asking me questions concerning hunting and gained quite an education I think. By the time our conversation was over, while he probably will never be a hunter, he appreciated the information and understood I think just how much we hunters are also conservationists.

He also got quite an eyeful as to how the anti's operate. So I think by taking the high road and bombarding him with facts and the moron bombarding the FB page with hate filled emotion, I may just have kept a non-hunter from becoming an anti.

Facebook in it's infinite wisdom decided that the post by the moron did not violate policy. I can't help but wonder if the person making that decision is not also an anti.

But the good news is that this has caused my friend from high school and I to have a discussion on hunting. He is very much a liberal, lives in downtown Washington, D.C., not in anyway an outdoors guy. But he's not an anti, just a non-hunter. He started asking me questions concerning hunting and gained quite an education I think. By the time our conversation was over, while he probably will never be a hunter, he appreciated the information and understood I think just how much we hunters are also conservationists.

He also got quite an eyeful as to how the anti's operate. So I think by taking the high road and bombarding him with facts and the moron bombarding the FB page with hate filled emotion, I may just have kept a non-hunter from becoming an anti.

Well, it seems like things worked out pretty well overall for you in this case. Many people are not interested in having a true debate on hunting. However, it sounds like your friend was and that you made some real progress with him. As you demonstrated, preventing a non-hunter from becoming an anti-hunter is a "win" in itself sometimes.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LynnePhife

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg