Cliffy

AH elite
Reaction score
Deals & offers
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
Hunted Zim, RSA (2), Namib(2), going again, Calif, Oregon, Arizona, Texas, Virginia, Idaho, South Dakota, Montana, Nevada, MO
He's looking at the Vic Falls Hotel Is it good enough for a few days?
What is "upgraded" if he gets a suite? Just a bigger bed?
What is the "Boma Experience" and the "Jungle Junction"? Should he go there?
Is the "Livinston Room" worth a dinner of elegance?
Thanks for any recent reports

Cliff,
Check out "The Gorges" owned by Mark Butcher of Matapula Safaris. He'll love the place and the people. Beautiful and a lot more personable.

There's lots of options in the Falls. If he wants to mix with Hunters, Ultimate Lodge is a good one, Gorges also provides a great experience!
He's looking at the Vic Falls Hotel Is it good enough for a few days?
Vic Falls Hotel was constantly rated as one of the top ten hotels in the world...we had two..Meikles in Harare and the Vic Falls. Both still provide very good hotel experiences.
What is "upgraded" if he gets a suite? Just a bigger bed?
A standard room will be just a bed and bathroom, plain and simple and a suite has a lounge area and a lot more space. Bigger bed too!
What is the "Boma Experience"
The Boma is a now pretty 'famous' or very well known at least, restaurant that has 'local' traditional style cuisine along with more conventional meals and interactive entertainment. It's a good 'hair down' kinda experience!
and the "Jungle Junction"? Should he go there?
Dunno much about that!
Is the "Livinston Room" worth a dinner of elegance?
It's Olde World 1920's charm. Expect English cuisine.
Thanks for any recent reports

And there's so much fun stuff to do as well..the tram ride to the bridge, elephant-back tours, the jet boat, balloon tours, horse back tours, the river boat and..bungi !

Cliff,
Check out "The Gorges" owned by Mark Butcher of Matapula Safaris. He'll love the place and the people. Beautiful and a lot more personable.

if Butchers in the bar watch out for low flying ice cubes!!! :laughing::beer:

You'll have to find out what's going on there now! Dunno that the jet boats working, nor the tram ride..never went on that....But there's Elephant rides, walks with Lions, Bungi, white water rafting, gorge swings, chopper rides, golf with wild critters on the course, tiger fishing and all kinds of other stuff!

ilala lodge is a good place. you can walk to most places from it, inc the falls themselves. been 5 or 6 years since i have been to the zim side and i hope things are better there now, it was bad to see how the place had deteriorated with the down fall of the economy. as i said things have to be better now.

Bungi Jump? Yaa Right! I saw the gal drop to the river when the rope broke a few years ago. Swimming with Nile crocs is NOT my idea of fun. Passing all the info to my friend. :)

Cliffy, What's the problem? You'll stalk Buffalo and Elephant on foot, walk with Lions, get into bar fights over you can't remember what, but you won't swim with crocs?! Sheesh! man where's your sense of adventure?! I think you just failed your "Bear Grylles - adventure swimming - Boy scouts badge! :stirring:

Cliffy, What's the problem? You'll stalk Buffalo and Elephant on foot, walk with Lions, get into bar fights over you can't remember what, but you won't swim with crocs?! Sheesh! man where's your sense of adventure?! I think you just failed your "Bear Grylles - adventure swimming - Boy scouts badge! :stirring:

Ole bally that sounds more like being in the falls on the piss with Gomez than anything else :draught:

And to think I "lettered" on swim team in the inter-schoolastic swim meets no less! :)
Now if I could walk ( run) on water? Maybe this guy "Gomez" can teach me?

if Butchers in the bar watch out for low flying ice cubes!!! :laughing::beer:

Ahhhh...Spike! I see you must know Butch like I do!!:crazylol:

Ahhhh...Spike! I see you must know Butch like I do!!:crazylol:

i have had a few sessions in various bars over the years with him, and been evicted as well due to him, for which i will return the compliment one day :heh:

ilala lodge is a good place. .

My family and I stayed in a suite at the Ilala Lodge this past summer. It was quite large, comfortable and had a great view of the mist over the falls.

For activities we had dinners at The Boma and a Sunset Dinner River Cruise. Also did the zip line and a helecopter ride over the falls. We had a great time with all the activities and reccommend all.

We booked our stay and activities though Boo Peel at Victoria Falls Travel Guide. Check their website out, it has tons of info on Victoria Falls and the surrounding areas. I highly recommend her services, everything was so smooth with no problems.

Victoria Falls Travel Guide

i have had a few sessions in various bars over the years with him, and been evicted as well due to him, for which i will return the compliment one day :heh:

I as well, but I can't think of a finer person to get thrown o:shiner::beer:ut with!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg