Gordon Ramsay sparks outrage by shooting a goat on his new Uncharted TV show

Discussion in 'News & Announcements' started by Hoas, Aug 8, 2019.

1. Hoas

Hoas AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    :D:D:D:D:D:D

Source: https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/9608366/gordon-ramsay-outrage-shooting-goat-new-uncharted-tv-show/

Gordon Ramsay sparks outrage by shooting a goat on his new Uncharted TV show as viewers brand him ‘the worst’

SWEARY Chef Gordon Ramsay has outraged animal lovers by shooting a goat on his new Uncharted TV show.

Upset viewers slammed him for being “thoughtless and cruel, and profiting from the misery, suffering and murder of innocent animals” after he also ate the animal while filming in New Zealand.

He was branded on social media as being “the worst” person, after he was shown on his new National Geographic series, Gordon Ramsay: Uncharted.

The aim of the series is to show him “embarking on anthropology-through-cuisine expeditions to explore the people, places and flavours the world has to offer”, according to the channel.

After kicking off the series in Peru, he headed to the remote corners of New Zealand’s rugged South Island, where he “discovered the secrets of Maori cuisine”.

The famously profane Ramsay, 52, admitted the thick New Zealand forest “is not like a supermarket aisle” as chef Monique Fiso led the way and showed him edible wild plants.

National Geographic pointed out that, in traditional life, Maori people “were hunters and gatherers who harvested their food from the mountains, forests, rivers and ocean”.

Fiso sent Ramsay to the hills to kill a mountain goat – which he duly shot.

The animal was served with fuchsia berry chutney and roast salad of wild forest herbs.

While guests said it was “perfect”, Ramsay got a roasting on social media, with Lourdes Caballero tweeting: “Yes National Geographic keep profiting from this planet, keep sending these ‘cooks’… around the world to keep killing all types of animals.

“Not enough to kill… pigs, chickens, goats. All in the name of $$$$$$$. Shame on you.”

Another woman tweeted: "@GordonRamsay I hate you and your uncharted show!! Passing through channels and saw you just shoot a goat!! You are the worst."

In February last year Ramsay mocked the diet and animal rights charity Peta by saying: “I’m a member of Peta! People eating tasty animals.”

He revealed he was trying to eat vegan meals, uploading a picture of a vegetable-based pizza and telling his millions of Twitter followers: “Going to give this #vegan thing a try… Yes guys you heard that right.”

And earlier this year he shocked fans by announcing his restaurants were taking part in Veganuary despite dismissing plant-based diets.

It was an about-turn for the chef who had once said he would electrocute his kids if they became vegetarians.

Ramsay cooked guinea pigs and sampled the furry rodent in Peru for his new show.

Although he declared they were "delicious" he said he wouldn't be introducing the creature to his menus in the US, as he would risk being "taken down".

For the six-part National Geographic: Uncharted, Ramsay also sampled strange dishes in locations including Laos, Hawaii and Alaska.

2. KMG Hunting Safaris

KMG Hunting Safaris AH ENABLER SPONSOR Since 2013 AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC Life Member ; Eastern Cape Game Management Association ; PE Pistol and Rifle Club
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Namibia, New Zealand
  3. Ridge Runner

Ridge Runner AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    East Cape, South Africa
    Nice one shot drop shooting unsupported, down angle.

Congrats Gordon on your goat. Wild game is on the menu. Better than tofu.

Wonder what African bush meat he plans on cooking up?

Supercat and ActionBob like this.

4. cpr0312

cpr0312 AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    US (All over), New Zealand, South Africa(Northern Cape, Northwest), Zimbabwe
    Fantastic, keep sparking!!!!

5. spike.t

spike.t AH ENABLER SPONSOR Since 2013 AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    sci int, basc,wpaz
    Hunted:
    zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
  6. IvW

IvW AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    BASA, CHASA
    Hunted:
    South Africa, Zimbabwe, Mozambique, Botswana, Namibia,Zambia
    Fu... bunny huggers. Go Gordon!!

7. CBH Australia

CBH Australia AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    Sporting Shooters Association Australia, Africa Hunting website!!!
    Hunted:
    Australia
    It’s a Feral Goat. What will happen if he eats let alone shoots a game animal that people adore. You know like one of those ones that have always been considered food in a foreign country.

Tom Hawk likes this.

8. Philip Glass

Philip Glass AH ENABLER LIFETIME BRONZE BENEFACTOR AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, Life SCI, Life DSC, Life EWA
    Hunted:
    RSA, Namibia, Kyrgyzstan, Austria, Australia, Zimbabwe, Texas
    Again creating news from one persons tweet! What has journalism become today? UK papers are the worst.

ActionBob and Tom Hawk like this.

9. YancyW

YancyW GOLD SUPPORTER AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, SCI, RMEF, Ducks Unlimited
    This spring I thought it would be nice to invite all my neighbors over and grill up a bunch of game meat I had piling up in the freezer. We just built our house and moved in last year, so we don't know the people in the area very well. I set up a huge outdoor grilling area and was cooking a bunch of different meat, including some different goat meats at @gizmo gave me this winter.

One lady came up and asked what everything was and about three animals into me telling her, I could tell this wasn't going to go well. She asked where I got all the meat, I told her, to her credit she held back what she was clearly thinking and then asked if I had anything I didn't kill. I told her I had hotdogs for the kids and smoked chicken wings. So she ate a hotdog and chicken wings. If it was killed in a slaughterhouse there was no problem at all, but I if shot it and butchered it myself, it was a crime against all things decent.

BigSteve57, Saul and gizmo like this.

10. Rob404

Rob404 AH ENABLER BRONZE SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA, Member Minnesota Horse and Hunt,,Caribou Hunt Club
    Hunted:
    Illinois,Wisconsin,Michigan Limpopo Province South Africa
    A 3 star Michelin Chef like Gordon Ramsey doesn't lose a lot of sleep about whats said in British social media about him. He did a similar program a few years ago where he traveled to different countries to gain first hand knowledge about their cuisines.I love the great traditional Chefs like Jacques Peppin and Wolfgang Puck but Gordon seems to always push the envelope.As Chef myself I appload Ramsey's constant quest for culinary knowledge. Perhaps one day he'll do a program on how to properly serve Tree Bark. to keep Kale eaters happy

CBH Australia, Tom Hawk and Saul like this.

11. mdwest

mdwest AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    DSC Life Member, NRA Life Member
    Hunted:
    USA, South Africa, Argentina, Peru
    Ramsay has done several shows where he has been involved in hunting over the years..

There was one where he went to Ft. Benning, GA and tried to kill feral hogs to serve to soldiers...

Another where he hunted puffin in Iceland and served it..

He hunted deer on an episode of his old "F Word" television series..

He's been on the Jimmy Fallon show and others and been pretty open about hunting, knowing where your food comes from, etc..

When on layover in London last month I intentionally ate at his "Plane Food" restaurant in Heathrow.. not because I wanted an over priced hamburger.. but because I wanted to support someone that I knows is unrepentant about hunting despite being part of the "entertainment" crowd..

12. tigris115

tigris115 AH Fanatic

Since we're talking about Gordon Ramsay, my favorite series of his is the Great Escape series, especially his series in India.

13. Hank2211

Hank2211 AH ENABLER GOLD SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SCI, DU, Pheasants Forever
    Hunted:
    Canada, United States, Zimbabwe, South Africa (Eastern Cape; Northern Cape; North West Province, Natal, Mpumalanga, Limpopo), Namibia, Cameroon, Benin, Ethiopia, Argentina
    It's always good when people get to see where meat comes from. But even better is for the majority of the population who eat meat but are non-hunters to see the reaction from vegans and PETA-types. I love when they go after the majority with the same language and vitriol they use against hunters!

So I'm pleased that Ramsay did this. But . . . am I the only one to wonder if he actually took the shot? If you watch the video closely, you see him holding a rifle - complete with a bipod - unassisted. Is there any professional guide who would allow a non-professional hunter to take such a shot? The bipods were there, and by the guide's own admission, they had plenty of time. The second point is that if you look at the moment of the shot, you only see Ramsay, and I have to say he doesn't seem very steady and he's holding the rifle a bit awkwardly . . . and then the way he lifts his head up immediately after the shot? All seems a bit staged to me . . . as too many of these things often are.

I'm not saying he didn't shoot it . . . just that it's a bit suspicious. But either way, meat raised without cruelty, hormones or antibiotics? What's not to like?

14. Bailey Vinac

Bailey Vinac AH Member

I wondered the same thing when I first saw the video. A shot like that with no rest and a reasonable distance as well would be difficult for someone who does not hunt often.

15. johnnyblues

johnnyblues AH ENABLER AH Ambassador

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    USA, ALASKA Canada, New Zealand, Mexico Africa.
    Hmmm.