Gooday Mates, New member kicking off from Victoria, Australia

Krish, what kind of box was the rifle shipped in? That amount of damage can't be caused by incidental contact. A fork lift driving over the box or a convey jam possibly. Firearms are generally double boxed for shipment. Since you mentioned Triple River and or AHR is the rifle a CZ? Are you thinking about a fancy or extra fancy stock? I would think that the carrier has a significant obligation. Especially if the box was / is severely damaged.

Welcome to AH Rule404. Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting!

Welcome to AH, hopefully you will find a beautiful stock to replace that broken one!

Yes it is CZ. Unfired. Built for some one for a African hunting which never took place. Yes i plan on getting a nice stock. This will be the only 404 jeff in my collection. My favorite rifle is 340 wby. I like my 505 gibbs too. Still working on load development for that. It has so much case volume finding the right charge at 95 to 100 percent for a velocity of 2200 ft/ sec has been quite a work. It is a CZ.

Krish, what kind of box was the rifle shipped in? That amount of damage can't be caused by incidental contact. A fork lift driving over the box or a convey jam possibly. Firearms are generally double boxed for shipment. Since you mentioned Triple River and or AHR is the rifle a CZ? Are you thinking about a fancy or extra fancy stock? I would think that the carrier has a significant obligation. Especially if the box was / is severely damaged.

It is a cz. I think it was sent that way. Won't know the truth. As long as the seller sent me the check to fix it. He is claiming the insurance money as he shipped insured. I may even go for a synthetic stock. I don't know yet. Even though i have several large bores i some reason like the 404. Have a good collection of bell brass and woodleigh and barnes bullets for it.

Welcome to AH !

A belated welcome!

Welcome to this great forum.

Krish, no need to look for a better load than a 400 Gr. bullet like Swift A Frame or Woodleigh and 84 Gr. of H-4350. Resultant velocity is 2300 FPS and MOA accuracy or better at 100 Yds.

Laid up after shoulder reco.
Don’t think I will be load testing a new custom FN98 in 404 for a while. Built by Bob DeVries at Kudu Services, Victoria.
Just back from Nam a few weeks ago. Enjoyable and successful trip
Cheers

Welcome from a fellow Victorian.
Bob does excellent work, when your shoulder recovers you'll be in for a real treat.
He has been working on my rifles for over 25 years. Only smith I would trust with my big bores.
Enjoy the site, look forward to seeing your report.

Cheers.

Paul

I have a few ruger m77 458 win mag. Thinking of re chambering to 458 lott. Any feed back will be appreciated.

Welcome rule404. Its goid to see some more aussies here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
indiagpt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois