Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
It is election day, a public holiday and I hope that the changes you are looking for come to fruition in your local elections.

Last edited:
Apparently all of the animals in SA were at the polls today also.

Jody,
You have to channel you inner zebra and kudu!

I do hope your elections are not as rigged as the ones here

Early South African vote results show ruling party losses

JOHANNESBURG – South African media say early results from municipal elections show the country's ruling party in the lead nationally, but trailing in several key metropolitan areas where the opposition has mounted a strong challenge.

With about half the ballots counted Thursday, the ruling African National Congress had won 52 percent of the vote and 21 municipal councils, compared to nearly 30 percent and 6 councils for the opposition Democratic Alliance.

A South African news outlet, eNCA, says the Democratic Alliance is leading in early results from Johannesburg; Tshwane, the greater metropolitan area of the capital, Pretoria; and Nelson Mandela Bay, a municipality on the east coast.

The elections Wednesday were the most closely contested for the African National Congress since it took power in South Africa's first all-race elections in 1994.

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2016/0...an-vote-results-show-ruling-party-losses.html

This is going to be interesting.

This is going to be interesting.

Very....

And there certainly seems to be a worldwide trend developing against the status quo. I don't think that it is at a true tipping point, yet, but big drops are coming out of the bucket.

DA has won Nelson Mandela Bay A.K.A Port Elizabeth. Not official yet, but the ANC has conceded defeat in the metro.

That must hurt them :giggle::LOL:

Probably bused too many supporters out to Cape Town, trying to destabilise that ....:A Banana: :A Blowup:

been following this, looks to be an interesting swing...
im flying down to jhb tomorrow, hopefully all will stay calm in jhb/pta/bfn

been following this, looks to be an interesting swing...
im flying down to jhb tomorrow, hopefully all will stay calm in jhb/pta/bfn

You have nothing to worry about.

What will this mean for the hunting industry in SA? Is a swing to the DA party a bad thing? Is the Democratic party in SA similar to what we have now in the states?

What will this mean for the hunting industry in SA? Is a swing to the DA party a bad thing? Is the Democratic party in SA similar to what we have now in the states?

I do not believe there is any relationship between the two. I also think hunting is such a part of the culture there that it will have no impact.

My interpretation of this is that we are witness to an evolution of the political scene in South Africa. If anything, it bodes well for the areas with DA mayors and for the country.

You have nothing to worry about.
Yeah, everything looks pretty chilled.
The missus was a bit concerned there may be a shortage of fuel before we drive down to Bfn but all seems good.

As the South African elections have unfolded, I have begun to be very concerned that the result will not be nearly as positive as many, including the Western media, seem to think.

Yes, ANC was handed a (well deserved) drubbing at the polls. Yes, DA has done better than expected. So far so good.

But EFF - which stands for Economic Freed on Fighters - but which really is one man - Julius Malema - had done reasonably well also. And they can hold the balance of power in a number of elections.

If it turns out that ANC would rather enter into a coalition with EFF than with DA, whatever EFF demands for its support, it is unlikely to be good for white South Africans. Remember Malema's theme song: "Kill the Boer."

I concur with @Hank2211 . It's good to see the DA doing better, especially outside their traditional territories. However, I suspect that the ANC is far more likely to seek alliances with the EFF than with the DA.

Just my two cents as an outsider.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dee

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross