Good hunting draw weight ?

Using the OnTarget 2 software, it shows 300 spine arrows to be very stiff for your bow at 60 lbs. (assuming 31.5" shaft and 30" draw length).
Better to be over spined then under .
Glen

^^ Agreed. I take my heavy dangerous game bow as a backup. I can always hunt smaller game with the heavy rig. Unfortunately, my plains game bow wouldn't work as a backup for the heavy one.

You should be just fine with your setup.

So if the spine is a little bit to stiff it will it damage the bow ?

So if the spine is a little bit to stiff it will it damage the bow ?
No it will not ..in fact there is even some benefits . Such as quiets the bow , better kinetic energy , helps tame unruly broadheads and tighter groups .
Now if you are shooting under spined ....it could cause the arrow to explode which could damage your bow or worse yet you !
Glen

I don't know for certain that you get more transfer of energy with an extra stiff shaft. The best way to quiet a bow is to run a heavier arrow, which also improves Kinetic Energy and more importantly, momentum.

Make sure your bow is properly tuned. Nothing eats into your bow's performance like being out of tune and giving the arrow a poor flight.

I am tuning it myself now. I found that the shop did not measure the distance from the raiser to the back of the string after setting the draw weight. There was a difference of almost half an inch on the measurement from the top to the bottom. Have it down now to about 1/8 of an inch

I shot it now a bit it is running very smooth. It does not even move in your hand when you let the arrow fly. So now I am just looking for new arrows

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
goldpatnners

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,