Good Gun Deals This Week

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 7.49.41 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 7.49.41 AM.png
    1.5 MB · Views: 89
  • Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 7.49.42 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-09 at 7.49.42 AM.png
    2.2 MB · Views: 89

Would this be a decent deal or is it over priced? The loading method does not seem ideal.
I think it’s very overpriced for several reasons. Crack in the stock, sling swivel stud on the stock instead of the barrel band type on a large caliber rifle, loading method, loading port was already obstructed enough due to the design of the action and loading is further impeded by the custom claw mounts, low capacity, push feed (if that matters), forend tip is a dated style. I would get a new production Winchester M70 in 458 WM for much less

Would this be a decent deal or is it over priced? The loading method does not seem ideal.
Way over priced. And if it is really only a two down .375 that is really odd and not very useful.

The claw mounts are a nice addition - particularly with fitting rings. But that stock. :oops: It looks like it was made in someone's garage. And judging by the apparent crack, it wasn't made very well.

If you google up old Lou Alessandri (first I ever heard of him), you will not reassured.

There are a couple of CZ 500 Magnums in .416 Rigby and .375 H&H at an auction house near me. Alderfer Auctions in Hatfield PA. Auction goes off online on July 19.
1655471074427.png

What are your thoughts on this H&H .375 priced at $7995?

Attachments

• Holland and Holland Bolt Action .375 H and H.pdf
    85.9 KB · Views: 108
What are your thoughts on this H&H .375 priced at $7995?
My only concern with respect to a rifle like this in .375 is its utility to a contemporary hunter. Note the amount of drop in the stock. Most modern rifles are built with drop to make the use of a scope as instinctive as possible. Some are practically straight and designed purely for scope use, others, like a modern Rigby are a compromise to allow effective use of both irons and a scope.

I do not know when this rifle was built, but it looks like it was intended purely for use of irons. If you are planning to use it with just irons, then no issue. The .375 is such a versatile round, that it is almost a shame not to use it with a scope. This rifle can obviously be scoped. I have several pre-war English rifles that wear them. But you will need to practice a more erect shooting style due to the drop.

Otherwise, and assuming no issues that I can't see in a photograph, $8K is an attractive price. You will have a hard time finding and actual H&H for less than $12K.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 7.15.05 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2022-06-18 at 7.15.05 AM.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 85
My son thinks I need help. Told him I would attend the daily counselling offered by the fine participants of AH. He thinks most of this group needs help too, lol. Had another one of these good gun deals this week sneak into my truck and come home with me. Pretty sure it is an unfired, or damn near, CZ550 in 375H&H. I only went there to buy some 410 shells that were finally in stock, honest!
The checkering still has feathers. The crown has no sign of a round passing through it. No marks of any kind on the metal, except a very, very faint indication it had a ring on the front base. Only ding on it is a pretty wide (1/8"x 1.25" maybe) scrape in the buttstock. Looks like it was drug over an edge of sheet metal. Nothing that can't be cleaned up readily, or fit into a carving.
It seems to like the company of the other 2 CZs that wandered home with me since I began these counselling sessions. They must be working....

A friend of mine is offloading a custom Ruger No. 1 chambered in .505 Gibbs. It has a McGowen barrel with a custom wood stock. The rifle is in immaculate condition and all the paperwork and gunsmithing build services are well documented. Total work put into this gun exceeded $5000 or $6000. I could not find much information online about this configuration existing. He's asking $3500, and I would like some of your input on whether that is a good buy and if you would buy it if you were in my shoes. Also, I already obtained his collection of .505 reloading equipment and components.
Thanks in advance

IMG_3011.JPG
IMG_3020.JPG
IMG_3021.JPG
IMG_3028.JPG
IMG_3034.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
price seems reasonable. It’s a $2000 gun and $1500 wood. Not sure what more you can ask than that for a square deal?

it will likely kick like a mule as magnum #1s are known to do, but that’s a personal preference. I’d want to know that rifle is at minimum 10.75lbs.

A friend of mine is offloading a custom Ruger No. 1 chambered in .505 Gibbs. It has a McGowen barrel with a custom wood stock. The rifle is in immaculate condition and all the paperwork and gunsmithing build services are well documented. Total work put into this gun exceeded $5000 or $6000. I could not find much information online about this configuration existing. He's asking $3500, and I would like some of your input on whether that is a good buy and if you would buy it if you were in my shoes. Also, I already obtained his collection of .505 reloading equipment and components.
Thanks in advance

Thanks in advance

price seems reasonable. It’s a $2000 gun and $1500 wood. Not sure what more you can ask than that for a square deal?

it will likely kick like a mule as magnum #1s are known to do, but that’s a personal preference. I’d want to know that rifle is at minimum 10.75lbs.
Nice rifle and price. I was about to ask how much that bad boy weighs

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceV

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross