Good Gun Deals This Week

I’m curious to better understand your point of view. I understand Tony Makris took a buffalo with a 20 gauge fauneta. And while lots of people have done lots of things that are not a best practice, would one really be undergunned with a ~730 grain Fosbury slug?
No, but potentially yes. The traditional Fosbury is a hollow point design. I would describe the traditional bullet itself in modern terms as medium hardness. It was envisioned primarily as an all purpose solution for winged, non-dangerous deer and antelope, and the big cats. Of the the Paradox guns that went abroad, most were carried by British officers headed for India. There it was ideal for jungle fowl, chital deer (axis), and tigers. When used on thick skinned dangerous game, one needs a hard cast bullet that will still regulate. I am confident, that given an ideal presentation, I could put a bullet into the crease just behind the shoulder and kill a buffalo with my gun and its current loads. Those are a worrisome preconditions on a modern hunt with limited time.

Not only does this Remington not have that annoying control round feed, according to the seller it features a flash hider!
Now you can hunt the largest dangerous game and not have to worry about giving away your position!:cool::D Beers::P Banana:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 7.43.02 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 7.43.02 AM.png
    1.4 MB · Views: 55
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 7.43.02 AM 1.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-27 at 7.43.02 AM 1.png
    2 MB · Views: 42
No, but potentially yes. The traditional Fosbury is a hollow point design. I would describe the traditional bullet itself in modern terms as medium hardness. It was envisioned primarily as an all purpose solution for winged, non-dangerous deer and antelope, and the big cats. Of the the Paradox guns that went abroad, most were carried by British officers headed for India. There it was ideal for jungle fowl, chital deer (axis), and tigers. When used on thick skinned dangerous game, one needs a hard cast bullet that will still regulate. I am confident, that given an ideal presentation, I could put a bullet into the crease just behind the shoulder and kill a buffalo with my gun and its current loads. Those are a worrisome preconditions on a modern hunt with limited time.
Yes and no. The rifle in question likely shoots the LT capped super magnum explora just fine - if you can find or make such ammunition. The H&H paradox rounds I am able to find in current production to shoot in my Explora are not hollow points. I don’t understand the Fosbury design to necessarily be a hollow point.

Is it the most reliable client choice for a contemporary buffalo hunt? We all know that to most likely be a scoped 375. I find the preconditions less worrisome than those that choose to pursue a buffalo with archery equipment. I might just choose to pursue a buffalo with my Explora. Why? That’s a fair question one can ask about the entire endeavor, regardless of chosen implement.

1674790224218.jpeg

Is it the most reliable client choice for a contemporary buffalo hunt? We all know that to most likely be a scoped 375. I find the preconditions less worrisome than those that choose to pursue a buffalo with archery equipment. I might just choose to pursue a buffalo with my Explora. Why? That’s a fair question one can ask about the entire endeavor, regardless of chosen implement.
There is a lot of truth to all this;) I for one would like to hunt buffalo with my Paradox. My thought, which could be wrongly placed, is that if I were to hunt buffalo in a fenced area again. I'd do it with the Paradox or at least my old hammer double rifle:)

Yes and no. The rifle in question likely shoots the LT capped super magnum explora just fine - if you can find or make such ammunition. The H&H paradox rounds I am able to find in current production to shoot in my Explora are not hollow points. I don’t understand the Fosbury design to necessarily be a hollow point.

View attachment 513396
You are correct. The current H&H load is not a hollow point and is not constructed like the original loads. Ross Seyfried developed the loads for my Paradox using an original mold to create the one I use to make my bullets. My particular paradox loads are constructed as were many of the originals in a paper case with fiber wads necked at the groove. Below are original Jeffery rounds.

paradox.jpg

These were created by Ross. Using open sights, these in the Evans shoot better than either of us can. I manage 3 inches with four LxR/LxR shots and Ross gets 2 1/2 at 100 yards. I get similar accuracy with the H&H load at fifty yards.

paradox rounds.jpg

William Evans Paradox 12 bore

The gun worked spectacularly on warthog (and feral pigs here in Texas) and sand grouse. I have also "killed" a lot of sporting clays with it. As I noted above, I am fairly confident that I could kill a bull with it under perfect conditions. I would not be comfortable with the thought of a PH and tracker at risk having to sort out the issue when things didn't go perfectly. However accurate, it is still essentially a 12 bore slug.

Here are a couple loads I got with my Paradox. Not hollow points.
20230127_074911.jpg

I’m curious to better understand your point of view. I understand Tony Makris took a buffalo with a 20 gauge fauneta. And while lots of people have done lots of things that are not a best practice, would one really be undergunned with a ~730 grain Fosbury slug?
In sort IMO yes. Mr Bell took many elephant with a 6.5 (not the creedmoor) whould you go and do that today?? A Cape buff is a tough animal and if can be hunted and put down well with a 12 bore slug I would just take semiauto and pump that fool with lead. I dont think you would get the speed to penetrate on the target and just piss it off. If you want to hunt buff with slugs go for it you just wont catch me doing it.
If I was going on a mixed bag hunt that was wings and PG I would use one in a heartbeat but on DG its a no from me.

Anyway this is not the thread to discus this is for gun deals

Possibly so.. Given the features of the CZ 550 actions and that there aren’t(?) any alternatives with said features that aren’t going to cost you $4k+, I don’t think it’s too crazy if you’re going the full custom route anyway
Very true.

"The Gun Shop" above is a scam site. If you look at their payment methods it is obvious.
I was not sure. There were few more. May be they are all scam sites. I did not buy any from there. There is another one called kentucky gun shop or something like that they seem to be scam too. Prices are too good to be true.
Thanks
Krish

Last edited:

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 7.41.25 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 7.41.25 AM.png
    568.7 KB · Views: 38
  • Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 7.41.26 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-02-01 at 7.41.26 AM.png
    508.8 KB · Views: 37
I give it a month or so until the buyer of this gun at auction rolls into AH confused that it isn't a 577NE and unable to understand why its unsuitable for wooly mammoth hunting.

I laughed at this at first, then I thought about how condescending and pretentious of a post it is. I mean I get the attempt at levity but assuming everyone is an idiot, even for comedic reasons (although I doubt that’s your primary motivation given the tone of your post), is poor form. It’s painfully obvious exactly what it is, visually and from the description..

I laughed at this at first, then I thought about how condescending and pretentious of a post it is. I mean I get the attempt at levity but assuming everyone is an idiot, even in a comedic sense (although I doubt that’s your primary motivation given the tone of your post), is poor form. It’s painfully obvious exactly what it is, visually and from the description..

It was meant with levity. During my tenure on AH I've had at least four people contact me with .577 BPEs they bought as their first dangerous game rifles. Two of them were 9lb guns reproofed as .577NEs in England and you can imagine their sheer disappointments. (kicks like a mule, broken, virtually no value, etc.)

I was prognosticating that this gun will be what brings another new member to AH post-sale. Not inferring someone on AH that knows a thing or two would buy it blindly without knowing exactly what it is.

It was meant with levity. During my tenure on AH I've had at least four people contact me with .577 BPEs they bought as their first dangerous game rifles. Two of them were 9lb guns reproofed as .577NEs in England and you can imagine their sheer disappointments. (kicks like a mule, broken, virtually no value, etc.)

I was prognosticating that this gun will be what brings another new member to AH post-sale. Not inferring someone on AH that knows a thing or two would buy it blindly without knowing exactly what it is.
I apologize. I was being touchy

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LeeWedel71

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois