Good Gun Deals This Week

I never knew Mauser owned Interarms!
I dont know how the action and barrel looks like with out the stock. Seem some pealing or rust.
It doesn't mean it made by mauser but a copy of 98 action produced for commercial fire arms.
Krish

I dont know how the action and barrel looks like with out the stock. Seem some pealing or rust.
It doesn't mean it made by mauser but a copy of 98 action produced for commercial fire arms.
Krish
Yes yes, it was a jab at the fact the seller listed Mauser as the manufacturer

Yes yes, it was a jab at the fact the seller listed Mauser as the manufacturer
When they say commercial Mauser it is implied some way it not orginal military Mauser action. Commercialized or modified from original design.
Krish

When they say commercial Mauser it is implied some way it not orginal military Mauser action. Commercialized or modified from original design.
Krish
You’re right, I guess I’m picking the fly shit out of the pepper. In my mind it would be more accurate to list manufacturer as Interarms, and model mark x. The original comment was made in jest, so let’s not waste anymore time on this!
DEF63945-D7E5-4543-992E-58322C7A8C20.png

Guys, here is a very nice looking BSA 7x57 Mauser, just like the little beauty I have. Only difference is that it has the standard stock and mine is the lightweight with schnable.
Sights are missing but should be easy to replace. Excellent price!!
Will probably kick myself for putting it here, so someone better snag it. I paid a lot more for mine than this is set for.

Looks like this one sold, hope someone here got it, be a fine little rifle. Sure like mine.

I see the 505Gibbs mentioned in an earlier post by Aaron is now posted on another site. I've sent a message to the seller. Just wondering if anyone else checked it out.
I’m not sure if it’s a good deal or not, but some members may be interested. There’s a CZ in 505 Gibbs listed on a site here in Canada for $2500. If anyone wants, I can get the sellers info for them.

He also has a Heym Martini in 404 for 12k Canadian as well.

The .303 sporter is a neat rifle, seen a few over the years. Nice thing about them is they come with that hard to find 5 round mag that we who have Lee Speed type rifles look for.

The Sedgley is another rifle I like, had one once years ago. That one has had a few mods done to it, but overall looks pretty good, not sure about "crud" in the bore though. Many feel the Sedgley sporters are unsafe due to being built primarily on rehabbed low number '03's and while maybe not a good platform for hot rodding, I think they are safe enough. Sedgley re heat treated the receivers and proofed them with rounds that supposedly developed about 70,000 CUP before shipping.
I have a really nice Sedgley in .30-06. It is a beautiful old classic sporting rifle. I do worry about the low number issue. So I load some low pressure cast bullets loads for it for a fun range day.

I see the 505Gibbs mentioned in an earlier post by Aaron is now posted on another site. I've sent a message to the seller. Just wondering if anyone else checked it out.
I told him I’d take it. Deciding what to buy from him for components

Mr Aron is dealing with him for the 505 gibbs. Yes this is posted in gun post Canada. I am in discussion with the seller on 404 msrtini as well as if i understand another AH Member. Nothing has been finalized on my side. Seller keep changing the list to maximize his profits. Open for any body to after the 404. Unless otherwisre the seller gives me the whole list for sale I am out. I as m not buying bits and pieces like Horse Trading. But Mr Aron has committed to buy the 505 Gibbs.
Krish

Yes, i wondered about the listing. Original price was $2500, todays listed price is $2600
Mr Aron is dealing with him for the 505 gibbs. Yes this is posted in gun post Canada. I am in discussion with the seller on 404 msrtini as well as if i understand another AH Member. Nothing has been finalized on my side. Seller keep changing the list to maximize his profits. Open for any body to after the 404. Unless otherwisre the seller gives me the whole list for sale I am out. I as m not buying bits and pieces like Horse Trading. But Mr Aron has committed to buy the 505 Gibbs.
Krish

I was the other person looking at the 404. I’m no longer interested in the rifle so feel free to pursue at your own risk.

HH

I knew that. Did not want to mention your name.
I was not going to play the game the seller was playing..
Krish

No problem at all and appreciate the discretion. In this case I have no problem letting others know that I’m out.
I have nothing against the seller or gun but have decided to go another route.

HH

I don’t know if this is a good deal or not but it’s a good looking double. Not a fan of the engraving though. Likely could be had less than asking price...

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 4.09.23 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 4.09.23 PM.png
    2.7 MB · Views: 43
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 4.09.24 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 4.09.24 PM.png
    2.9 MB · Views: 46
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 4.09.25 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 4.09.25 PM.png
    6 MB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 4.09.27 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 4.09.27 PM.png
    6.6 MB · Views: 45
  • Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 4.09.28 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 4.09.28 PM.png
    5.5 MB · Views: 52
That gun has never been owned by a PH. They do more damage taking it out of the box than that gun has seen in its 60+ year life.
Hi Rookhawk,
That was not a very nice statement about PHs. Tomorrow Liesl is on her way to pick up her long awaited XXX. I doubt if she will do damage, do you want to reconsider that thought? Now that, that was stated I agree with you. By the way, she has her small jar of Ken Owen high pressure grease to properly grease her new XXX before she assembles. She will send you a picture of the new arrival.

Lon

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillieBurk

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg