Good day from Louisiana

Close Range

AH member
Reaction score
Hunted
Louisiana
I have been enjoying this forum for close to 5 years and finally decided to join. Unfortunately my budget keeps me hunting close to home. I may be somewhat limited on where I can hunt but this site is the best I’ve found for reading about it.
I am also what you would call a one gun man, but that 1 is a weatherby vanguard sporter in .338 win mag. I’ve had numerous others but they just never spoke to me like this one does.
ML

Welcome aboard!
I'm not a big budget guy either but it can be done for less than you might think. You have joined the group that can get you there. Great people and great advice. Soak it up and enjoy.

Hello and welcome!

Welcome to the posting side.

Welcome to AH and the posting side! Great to have you here and we are looking forward to you sharing your stories!

Welcome to AH Close Range! Glad that you decided to join us after 5 years, it's never too late.

Welcome aboard Close Range. Since you've been lurking for five years I'm sure that you are used to, and sort of expected comments about your 338 Win. Mag. We all know it will get the job done on just about everything the majority of us will ever hunt. A PG hunt in Africa starts off as a "bucket list" item. In truth, the cost isn't that far out of reach. Once you make the decision to go, start saving up for it. In a couple of years you'll be on your way. BUT you've got to start sometime, the sooner the better. Most first time African hunters are in their late fifties or early sixties.

Welcome to the dark side. One gun arsenal is not a bad thing but stick around long enough and the guys here will have you buying more and booking a " first" safari.

Welcome to AH!

Welcome to AH !

Close Range - Welcome to AH.

You are fortunate to live in Louisiana. In my opinion, it is beautiful and has the best food in North America! (Or anywhere else for that matter...)

I visit your wonderful state at least once per year because my daughter teaches at the university in Lafayette. I most often go in March to take advantage of crawfish season!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FlynnHeini

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.