Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA Patriot Life member Benefactor Level
Hunted
U.S.A., R.S.A, Namibia
Also mentions Bill Carter who became a legend in the Houston area. He had an extensive trophy room attached to his Spring, Tx. store and it was surprising to me to read that he made all his Africa trips between 1970 and 1990 (when he was 56).

Last edited by a moderator:
Also mentions Bill Carter who became a legend in the Houston area. He had an extensive trophy room attached to his Spring, Tx. store and it was surprising to me to read that he made all his Africa trips between 1970 and 1990 (when he was 56).

CE2728F8-4BF0-4CC9-B02D-3DA3813F9715.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the article. Especially the recent loading data!

I have a 450 Ackley project way on the back burner, likely a year before I get to it (Too many projects in the shop now!)

I have the barrel, action (Olympic BBK), sights, reamers, dies, cases and reloading components. And a McMillian stock for the BBK.

I have followed Parker Ackley for years and like some of his cartridges and the 450 has been a favorite of mine. A rough and tough cartridge in a somewhat rough action (the BBK).

I will never see Africa (too old and poor) but building the rifle will keep this ancient retired grump occupied.

Thanks for the article. Especially the recent loading data!

I have a 450 Ackley project way on the back burner, likely a year before I get to it (Too many projects in the shop now!)

I have the barrel, action (Olympic BBK), sights, reamers, dies, cases and reloading components. And a McMillian stock for the BBK.

I have followed Parker Ackley for years and like some of his cartridges and the 450 has been a favorite of mine. A rough and tough cartridge in a somewhat rough action (the BBK).

I will never see Africa (too old and poor) but building the rifle will keep this ancient retired grump occupied.

When I complete the rifle I will enter it in the world's ugliest gun contest.

An interesting article, to be sure. Have never seen one as the Lott has become the "go to", with some shorter cartridges like the African and Sabi now coming into favour.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brianguisy

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,