Good Afternoon from Alabama

Hello JHT,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Best Regards,
Velo Dog.

Reactions: JHT
Welcome to AH, congrats on booking your "FIRST" safari. two years might seem like a long time to plan but I can assure you the time goes quickly as there is lots to do and learn, and you picked a great place to do that.
Thank y’all very much for the kind words. So much to do. I have been researching a DG rifle. Coming close to narrowing it to what I want. I’m thinking .416 Remington Magnum. I also like a two position safety. I’m leaning toward Sako at this time but quite hard to find. Very glad I have the 18 months or so to keep searching/researching.

I've just joined the site. I know I have a lot to learn. My first trip is booked: going to Zimbabwe in July 2022 for buffalo, etc. Looking forward to learning from all of you. Thank you for allowing me to join.
Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH, great choice for hunting Cape buffalo!

Welcome aboard JHT. I'm looking forward to the "lickin" Bama is going to put on Notre Dame. I recently purchased a Win. Mod. 70 in 416 Remington Mag. Yesterday I got the last piece of the reloading gear (The Complete reloading Manual for the 416 Rem. Magnum) I need to start working up a load for it. Several other AH members have used the 416 Remington Mag. for Buffalo. You can use the AH Search feature to look up their stories.

I've just joined the site. I know I have a lot to learn. My first trip is booked: going to Zimbabwe in July 2022 for buffalo, etc. Looking forward to learning from all of you. Thank you for allowing me to join.
Welcome to AH I am also from Alabama

Thank you. Choctaw County. Graduate of Alabama.

I hunt regularly with my best friend and hunting buddy around Aliceville, AL. His whole family are big Tide alum and fans. I of course went to UTK, but still tolerate their obnoxious worship of AL because the hunting trips are too much fun. A good friend of ours from Baton Rouge, LA, and an LSU fan came to camp a few years ago. Driving up the local hwy, we told him to turn right at the white barn with the big red A painted on it. When he got to camp he noted that there were 25 white barns with red A’s painted on them on that 30 miles of hwy. I suspect he was not joking.

I suspect I need to update. Although I am still booked for 2022, thanks to this forum, I was able to secure a bonus, June 2021, DG hunt in Zim near Hwange. Although Delta has cancelled, so long as United flys, I’ll be there without interruption.
It’s hard to believe, save for new socks, I have been able to secure all the new gear I should need. Looking back, I was quite naïve in the beginning. Thank you for all your help, advice, opportunity and the money you have saved me.

I suspect I need to update. Although I am still booked for 2022, thanks to this forum, I was able to secure a bonus, June 2021, DG hunt in Zim near Hwange. Although Delta has cancelled, so long as United flys, I’ll be there without interruption.
It’s hard to believe, save for new socks, I have been able to secure all the new gear I should need. Looking back, I was quite naïve in the beginning. Thank you for all your help, advice, opportunity and the money you have saved me.
Good luck on your hunt ! Have a great time !

“It’s a Southern Thang!” In the SE part of the US you are known by your allegiance toward a SEC team rather than your state of residence !

Welcome aboard to AH !

“Hotty Toddy”

What a great first African hunt you are going to have!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SVCBoyd46

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg