Good afternoon everyone

Fabnosh

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
United Kingdom, Spain, Norway, South Africa, Namibia
This is my introduction and, being a Brit, and typically self deprecating, I find introductions like this a bit awkward.

I've shot for most of my life and, despite the restrictions of firearm ownership in the UK, I've had a certificate for 40 years. I've shot all the species in the UK and quite a few in Europe and Africa as well.

My rifle of choice is a custom made Brock & Norris .308 Ratal which is effective on most things but I also enjoy my .375H&H double with open sights when the moment demands. I also have rifles in .22lr (who doesn't!), 7mm-8 and another double in 9.3x74R which is my favoured tool for driven boar in Europe. I reload my own ammunition.

I enjoy sites like this for both the banter and the staggering depth and variety of knowledge. I hope to contribute to both in some small way.

I've skulked around the edges for a while but decided that the time for skulking was over.

Hello to everyone.

FN

Welcome to AH.

Welcome to the dark side, you have joined the best hunting site on the web.

Fabnosh, welcome to the AH forum! It sounds like you have a lot of experience in the field. Looking forward to you sharing it.

Nice guns, Welcome!

Welcome aboard Fabnosh, from your introduction you, like most of us have been around the block a time or two. Do you have any thoughts or plans of hunting Africa again? If so when. I've never heard of your 308 Ratal, so I just looked it up. I must say, that it sounds like quite a "piece of kit."

Welcome, there are many fewer trolls here than on Stalking Directory, don't tell Malc I said that!

Welcome to AH Fabnosh! Looking forward to your contribution.

Welcome to AH!!!

Hi S43

Many thanks for the welcome and sadly, as you've correctly surmised, I've worn out many tyres going around the block. The upside it that it has been any different blocks and not the same one.

Yes, to all of that!

The Ratal shown on the B&N website is actually my rifle and has dropped a lot of game around the world. It's one of those guns that one feels ones owned forever and fits just so perfectly.

Hunting Africa, Europe and bits of the UK were binned for this year and, like many others, plans have been put on hold. I'm playing a waiting game at the moment. Those folks booking trips for February to Africa must have an outstandingly good crystal ball as I'm of the mind that anything this side of June for unrestricted international travel is very very unlikely.

That said, I'll be back to either SA or Namibia this year when the conditions allow.

Take care

FN

Giday FN and welcome to the A H forums

Welcome to AH and out of the shadows!

Hello Fabnosh,

Khomas Highland Hunting Safaris of Namibia, welcomes you to the greatest forum on earth.

Cheers,
Velo Dog.

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH

Nice collection. I'm intrigued by the 308 Ratal as well. Welcome!

Glad to have you with us!

Welcome to AH!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross