Going Brown Bear Hunting in 5 Weeks!

colorado

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Five weeks until my first brown bear hunt. I'm hunting with John Peterson of Bristol Bay Outfitters in the Togiak Lake area. Wish me luck!

Regards,

Chuck

Good luck indeed! Please post a report when you get back, I'll be looking forward to it.

September is a great month to go brown bear hunting in alaska...

the rivers and lakes will be filled with the bruns looking for salmon...and the berry patches will have some also...have a great set of glasses to help you out plus a spotting scope...

You just never know when you will run into the one you want...

Good Luck Chuck! Hope you get a nice one!

Five weeks until my first brown bear hunt. I'm hunting with John Peterson of Bristol Bay Outfitters in the Togiak Lake area. Wish me luck!

Regards,

Chuck

Wish you all the luck !

Good luck!

Hi,

May you bag a massive trophy bear, what caliber you intend taking it with ???

All the best

Monish

Thanks! I bought a Rem XCR II in 375 H&H, since my guide recommended I bring a stainless / synthetic rifle. It's real light (7 3/8 lb with scope), so that's a bonus as well. Recoil isn't bad at all and it shoots sub MOA with Remington 300g A-Frames.

Great caliber for what you’re going after (or for almost anything else that walks this earth). Due to work commitments, I had to cancel my planned moose and brown bear hunt this September. I am most envious! Keep the wind in your face, watch your step, and don’t believe for a minute that they have “poor” eye sight. They can spot movement from a surprising distance. Have a great time and post pictures when you get back!

Colorado,

Wow!! remarkable caliber & fantastic rifle, your bear certainly would get a walloping 300 grain treatment ... Waiting for the trophy pics..

All the best

Monish

Good luck and shoot straight!!

Hi all, just got back. Got a nice brown bear, shot him at a very exciting 13 yards. The guide and I waited 40 minutes and then followed the blood trail (which was copius!) through the thick willow scrub you could barely see through. After about 10 nervous minutes we smelled bear and found him dead. The 300g A-Frame from my 375 H&H was a quartering one and went through his right shoulder, both lungs and ended up in the hide just in front of his left rear leg. Many thanks to Mark Young from Adam Clements Safari Trackers for setting me up with the hunt, John Peterson of Bristol Bay Outfitters who was my outfitter and Jason Fawcett who was an absolutely awesome guide.

P1010016.jpg

Attachments

• P1010016.jpeg
    P1010016.jpeg
    437 KB · Views: 270
Well congratulations on great brown bear.

Outstanding colorado, congratulations!

Congratulations.
I do not like to find bears by smelling them. Olfactory abilities of humans means that is way to close.
Done that myself in the dark once.
Glad you had an exciting successful hunt.

congrats,

one more for the trophy room.

BTY, what do bears smell like? LOL!

Wow, what a great trophy. Up close and personal!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MorrisFloc

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg