Going back to South Africa in 2022 to hunt w Game 4 Africa Safaris :)

PARA45

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
NRA LIFE MEMBER
Hunted
South Africa (Limpopo, Eastern Cape & Kalahari), Nicaragua, FL, CA, SD, GA, SC, CO
Going back to Africa in 2022! Wife & I made our decision last night, and this morning I passed the information to Wik at Game 4 Africa Safaris. We are supper excited. We decided to do his advertised Spiral Horn package, and probably take a few more animals (Black Wildebeest & a Hartebeest). Hopefully the finances are good, and I can take a few more. :) We decided to add two additional days to this package, just in case we need more time to hunt or if we want to do some sight seeing.

For my 50th b-day my wife and I hunted the Limpopo area, and that was our first time in South Africa. This time we will be heading back for my 60th b-day, and hunt the East Cape. :) I hope the next trips are not this far apart, I may run out of birthdays. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Wife is already pointing out where I have too much empty wall space, and where I should hang more mounts. :) Man I'm so lucky! LOL.

I wanted to thank Wik for answering all my questions, and concerns and for his patience with me while trying to figure out this trip. Looking forward to meeting you Wik and your crew. (y)(y)

Thanks!

Congrats on the booking!!

Congratz on the booking and now the countdown and prep can begin.

Now the fun begins :D:D

That is great. The anticipation for that long will be hard. Mind you I have great anticipation and I have no idea yet when I will go back! Hopefully my wife can accompany me for a return trip.

Very jealous!!

Craig

Spiral horns...NICE! You two are going to have a grand time!

Congrats on booking, you will love the Eastern Cape, that's where I hunted on my 60th. Long wait but it takes the uncertainty out of the equation.

Congrats, great outfitter with a lot of trophy animals to hunt!

Excellent!
What rifle(s)/caliber will you bring?

What is the chance that you will change your mind on the rifle more than once then end up buying a new one for the trip? A 60th birthday present should be a classic Africa caliber for the trip.

What rifle(s)/caliber will you bring?
To piggie back on this...
Will your wife be hunting and if so, what will she be shooting?

@Tra3. As of today, the package includes rifle rental, but I believe I have plenty of time to change my mind on that. :)

@BeeMaa. Unfortunately she doesn't hunt, but did a fantastic job with the camera I tried las time for her to shoot a warthog, but she changed her mind at the last minute. Maybe this time she'll do it.

Still awesome that she wants to share in the adventure with you.
Some wives or girlfriends are merely humoring us in even going.
Consider yourself lucky and when she's ready to shoot...she's ready.
Until then, just have patience and be happy with the awesome pictures she takes.

I’m going to spend my 50 th b day there. I’ll be there the end of July (most likely) and my wife is just humoring by going. Adding a day and an extra animal or three:giggle:

I’m going to spend my 50 th b day there. I’ll be there the end of July (most likely) and my wife is just humoring by going. Adding a day and an extra animal or three:giggle:
You have a year to work on her...
If this C19 crap keeps up, we should all be good and crazy by then.
She may just be ready to shoot something.

Going back to Africa in 2022! Wife & I made our decision last night, and this morning I passed the information to Wik at Game 4 Africa Safaris. We are supper excited. We decided to do his advertised Spiral Horn package, and probably take a few more animals (Black Wildebeest & a Hartebeest). Hopefully the finances are good, and I can take a few more. :) We decided to add two additional days to this package, just in case we need more time to hunt or if we want to do some sight seeing.

For my 50th b-day my wife and I hunted the Limpopo area, and that was our first time in South Africa. This time we will be heading back for my 60th b-day, and hunt the East Cape. :) I hope the next trips are not this far apart, I may run out of birthdays. :LOL::ROFLMAO:

Wife is already pointing out where I have too much empty wall space, and where I should hang more mounts. :) Man I'm so lucky! LOL.

I wanted to thank Wik for answering all my questions, and concerns and for his patience with me while trying to figure out this trip. Looking forward to meeting you Wik and your crew. (y)(y)

Thanks!
Congratulations!!! I hunted with them in 2019 and they are simply the best

Congratulations hope you have a wonderful trip and hunt
I booked safari #7 in
Namibia for my 70 bday in May 2022 with Zana Botes Safaries
Really looking forward to the trip also just might retire (maybe lol). If I don’t book for following year lol

Para45-they have red hartebeest and black wildebeest-saw them in several areas we hunted. I will also be wanting the wildebeest. . . This bull was some of my worst shooting of the trip and without the trackers he would have been lost. Hard working trackers and very patient ph!
F55FF2C7-5178-4992-B0CB-4A07DDD0AD52.jpeg

Awesome, thanks for the heads up! I already have a South Africa Safari savings account. LMAO!!!! We are supper excited.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg