Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, SCI
Hunted
USA; Nebraska South Africa; Natal
Hello to everyone! I just wanted to share that I booked the tickets, so it's official that I'm headed back to Africa for time number 2 in June.
For those of you who read about my experiences in time number 1 here; I'll be using the same outfitter and going back to the same place. It will be kind of nice to hunt where I have a general idea of the ground. For those of you who missed my report, the link will be at the bottom of this mess. Also, the area of Natal where I'm going finally got rain last year. The animals had a chance to put some energy to horn growth as opposed to staying alive.
No serious gear changes are planned, I'm sticking with what worked. My trusty .375 H&H will have a new scope but that's about it. I'll be going for 10 days this time since it still will be too short.
On the "to do" list this time will be be: (in order of want) Eland and Kudu, to see if I can finish my spiral horn slam. Blesbuck just because I think they make a great trophy. Wildebeest and bushbuck because they are dang fun to hunt. Impala because they are delicious and warthog because they are everywhere!
I have almost exactly six months left and less stuff to do than first time, this may be a trial. I hope to see at least some of you in Vegas, have a good one!

(Link to time 1:https://www.africahunting.com/threads/south-africa-hunt-with-chumanzi-zulu-safaris.30702

Last edited:
(y)(y)

We look forward to the report!

Enjoy your return. It should be a great time creating the basis of the hunt report.

Congrats and have a great hunt!

Hello to everyone! I just wanted to share that I booked the tickets, so it's official that I'm headed back to Africa for time number 2 in June.
For those of you who read about my experiences in time number 1 here; I'll be using the same outfitter and going back to the same place. It will be kind of nice to hunt where I have a general idea of the ground. For those of you who missed my report, the link will be at the bottom of this mess. Also, the area of Natal where I'm going finally got rain last year. The animals had a chance to put some energy to horn growth as opposed to staying alive.
No serious gear changes are planned, I'm sticking with what worked. My trusty .375 H&H will have a new scope but that's about it. I'll be going for 10 days this time since it still will be too short.
On the "to do" list this time will be be: (in order of want) Eland and Kudu, to see if I can finish my spiral horn slam. Blesbuck just because I think they make a great trophy. Wildebeest and bushbuck because they are dang fun to hunt. Impala because they are delicious and warthog because they are everywhere!
I have almost exactly six months left and less stuff to do than first time, this may be a trial. I hope to see at least some of you in Vegas, have a good one!

(Link to time 1:https://www.africahunting.com/threads/south-africa-hunt-with-chumanzi-zulu-safaris.30702

You are officially hooked. Enjoy it!

Eland! Oh I’m jealous! Magnificent animals! Still on my bucket list!

Enjoy your hunt. Look forward to pictures.

Eland! Oh I’m jealous! Magnificent animals! Still on my bucket list!
Ty ridgewalker. I can't wait, encountered a herd last time and I said to myself "I want one of those!" Hopefully there is a good one in my future. Thanks for dropping in!

GOOD FOR YOU!! I'll be looking forward to the report and photos. My oldest son and I are leaving for our second safari in July. I'm booked for a Spiral Slam i.e. Eland, Kudu, Nyala and Bushbuck. Then depending on how things go, maybe a Sable.

GOOD FOR YOU!! I'll be looking forward to the report and photos. My oldest son and I are leaving for our second safari in July. I'm booked for a Spiral Slam i.e. Eland, Kudu, Nyala and Bushbuck. Then depending on how things go, maybe a Sable.
Thanks Shootist! And good luck to you also. You might be in the airport when I come back. All I have to say is my Nyala was one of the most challenging hunts I've had, period. Hopefully the Eland and Kudu take it easy on me!

Fantastic! Good trophy list. Hope you fill it. Another one fulfills the paradigm of not going just once. :LOL:(y)

I´ve hunted Natal twice, and yes it did rain a bit last year.

Wish you the best !

Fantastic! Good trophy list. Hope you fill it. Another one fulfills the paradigm of not going just once. :LOL:(y)[/QUOT]
Thanks Hogpatrol! I'm focused more on Eland, Kudu and Blesbuck since I'm doubling on the others. I'm also happy to be living a stereotype! Thanks for dropping by.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NinaStilwe

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross