Glad to be new member

Herman van Niekerk

Reaction score
Naboomspruit, Limpopo Bushveld, South Africa
Website
www.masterproperties.co.za
Hello everybody

Herman van Niekerk here from Limpopo, South Africa, in the heart of South Africa's best hunting areas. I am an estate agent and author of 11 books, including the all new and very popular SAPPI Birds of South Africa with Callfinder. One of my books is Bushveld Encounters, a selection of short, comical hunting stories.

As an estate agent I know the area very well and can assist with finding the right place and property to hunt on or to buy, even if you are a foreigner, because land ownership by foreigners in South Africa is legal, possible and a great investment at the current US$ and Euro exchange rates.

Talk to me or contact me at mprops1987@gmail.com

PS: I am a devoted conservationist, amongst others founder of the Friends of Nylsvley Association, but advocate that sustainable hunting is the best (if not only) way to implement and fund nature conservation.

Best wishes

Herman van Niekerk

Welcome!

Looking forward to hearing more about your experiences!

gday herman , welcome to AH .
where can l acquire your books from ?
enjoy the site .

Welcome to AH Herman! Nice to have you here.

HI Herman,

Welcome to AH

Welcome to AH, Herman !

Welcome to AH Herman! Looking Forward to hearing more from you.

Hallo Herman,

Welcome to the best forum.

I love The Limpopo area.

I have hunted and fished with Hannes Swanepoel, his camp is called Mahlahla and is based about 25K from Gravelott.

The memories of those visits are some of the best in my life.

Best regards,
Velo Dog.
(Paul Ard - Anchorage, Alaska USA).

Welcome to AH, Herman! I only wish I knew all the birds of Southern Africa.

Welcome to AH.

Glad to have you.

gday herman , welcome to AH .
where can l acquire your books from ?
enjoy the site .

The SAPPI Bird Guide with the amazing Callfinder is available from my publisher, Briza, on the website www.briza.co.za.
Bushveld Encounters, the short stories, can be ordered from me directly for R100 including postage within the RSA. Contact me on mprops1987@gmail.com for banking details.

Regards

Herman

Welcome to AH, Herman! I only wish I knew all the birds of Southern Africa.

Thanks for the welcome. Just a note of interest. No one in South Africa knows all the region's birds. Birders normally have favourite groups such as doves or eagles which they know and study by heart, and then a fair knowledge of most other birds, but definitely not of all species. I also have personal experience with acclaimed birders who differ on bird identification when presented with photo's. This happened frequently whilst writing my books. The lesson is: Don't be overwhelmed and don't feel inferior. Nobody knows all the bird species, especially if you take the differences between male and female, breeding colours, moulting stages, juvenile colours etc into consideration. Take it in your stride and learn and enjoy as you go along.

Herman

Welkom Herman!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
markekcertifications

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you