Deals & offers
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Member of
NRA, DSC, SCI, Exotic Wildlife Association, Texas Taxidermy Association Life Member, National Taxidermy Association, TTHA,DUCKS UNLIMITED
Hunted
Namibia-Khomas Highlands, Romania, South Africa- Kalahari , Eastern Cape, USA, Fished Brazil, Mexico, USA
well I brought back something from Dallas after DSC. Thanks to SSI my buffalo made it to Ft.Worth safe and sound. The taxidermy was done in Africa and that's a whole story in itself. It's not great but I can live with it. The pose isnt right but the mount is of decent quality and I feel will certainly hold up for my and even my kids lifetimes. At the end of the day though, my buff is home after a ton of good people I'm honored to call my friends went way above and beyond the call of duty to make it happen for me. This buffalo is extremely special to me and what an emotional roller coaster it's been. All of that emotion was brought back when I was finally able to place my hands on his bosses for the first time. I will always and forever be eternally greatful for what @Andri Fox Safaris and Beans @Tootabi Valley Safaris has done for me. These two men are the finest I've ever known and I'm honored to call them my friends. So tonight I sit by the fire watching the playoffs and enjoying my buffalo. It's amazing to be able to enjoy my buff and not loose sleep over him anymore. Thank you all who have took part in this and made my dreams come true.
IMG_2151.JPG
IMG_2150.JPG
IMG_2149.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I will say though that the quality of the tan on the backhide is excellent though all of the long hair on the tail is gone. I had candle holders made from two of the feet and a bowl made of the scrotum both of which were done very well.

And..... my floating bones from my lion. SSI really pulled one out of the hat for me on this one.
IMG_2153.JPG

Glad you got it home

Is this the buff that was recovered after you left?

Do floating bones equate to earrings for the wife?

Glad you got it home

Is this the buff that was recovered after you left?

Do floating bones equate to earrings for the wife?
Yes sir it's the same buff. The first time I got to put my hands on him was when I took him out of the crate.
I am going to polish the floating bones. I had a conversation with the silversmith I use for the shop about them and will have them set in sterling silver. I intend to put them in a shadow box along with the recovered bullets from the lion along with a picture of the lion and I.

Congrats on getting him home!!

Most excellent .... hopefully your buffalo will be a good luck charm for the boys tomorrow!

Most excellent .... hopefully your buffalo will be a good luck charm for the boys tomorrow!
God I hope so. My buff is home after almost 2 years, Trump won the election, and my Cowboys may just win us another Super Bowl. Looks like 2017 is going to be a great year!

Congratulations Erik!:D Beers:

well I brought back something from Dallas after DSC. Thanks to SSI my buffalo made it to Ft.Worth safe and sound. The taxidermy was done in Africa and that's a whole story in itself. It's not great but I can live with it. The pose isnt right but the mount is of decent quality and I feel will certainly hold up for my and even my kids lifetimes. At the end of the day though, my buff is home after a ton of good people I'm honored to call my friends went way above and beyond the call of duty to make it happen for me. This buffalo is extremely special to me and what an emotional roller coaster it's been. All of that emotion was brought back when I was finally able to place my hands on his bosses for the first time. I will always and forever be eternally greatful for what @Andri Fox Safaris and Beans @Tootabi Valley Safaris has done for me. These two men are the finest I've ever known and I'm honored to call them my friends. So tonight I sit by the fire watching the playoffs and enjoying my buffalo. It's amazing to be able to enjoy my buff and not loose sleep over him anymore. Thank you all who have took part in this and made my dreams come true. View attachment 169713View attachment 169714View attachment 169715
Excellent trophy Erik. Congrats.
Witold

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations Erik. He's a handsome looking Buff, and seems to be right at home.

Congrats! Always an exciting time. Did you make the pedestal holding him?

Congratulations!

Congrats on your buff and floating bones making it home.

R.

Really happy for you Erik!

I just had the scrotum tanned and it doesn't display very well. You made better use for sure.

Congratulations and I am glad it turned out well!

You don't use that bowl for nuts do you?:sneaky::)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!