Girl gets death threats for shooting a giraffe

Sad part of it is that so many hunters are scared of facebook and other social type sites. Then they all wonder why we are losing the fight. It is the new way of the world and if your proud to be a hunter nothing wrong with sharing pictures or story's. We let a few nut jobs scare us like they can really hurt us.

WE don't start fighting the fight in all way possible we will be losing are rights for sure. If her placing her foot on a giraffe hurts someone feeling oh well. I would not do it myself but it is what happen on her hunt and she should not need to feel bad about it. What scares me more is some 12 year old girls has more balls then a few hunters I know.

Bill, we still have to be extremely careful what we post on social media. If I had to post pictures of one particular client with his lion, he would lose billions, Dr Palmer learnt it the hard way. I am definitely not scared of the anti's but I know when not to cross the line.

Simon I get what your saying and you posting a clients pic is up to the client. The doctor palmer thing was his own fault as we all know some truth came out and lies were told. If you remember a few years ago the trump boys posted pics of stuff they hunted in Zim. Got all the hate and venom from the anti crowd but I think they made it out ok.

Our problem as a group the guys that have billions and millions are scared to be proud of what they do. The few that do speak up are still in business as some have said they don't care. Some have gain business from people supporting them for being a hunter. The true anti crowd is smaller in numbers then hunters and the people on the fence just don't really give a dam as long as it does not cost them.

I am not saying anyone should post if they don't want to but to not support someone who does post because we don't like were they place the foot is just crazy to me. I have seen many more picture that are far worse then that. Time as hunters we stop looking for problems within and start sticking together.

You don't win the fight by always saying sorry or just hoping it will go away if you change. The anti crowd gets braver as we coward and let them walk all over us. I will not say I am sorry as a hunter or a father for being a hunter and passing that on to my son. Which sadly I can say by my son hunting a raised lion I have heard shit from anti's and hunters. Kind of sad when you think about it.

Just my thoughts on this subject.

Hunt with pride, share your pride for the world to see and hear.

Here in the USA, not a day goes by that the TV fails to provide a dozen or so murders for our viewing pleasure, and if you watch the news we can up that number. Somehow the theme of killing people for entertainment escapes their protest. I think we owe our families and society alike better.

I think we need to be sensitive about what we post on face book and platforms like that. Forget the antis, nothing we say or do will change them but it is the people who have no real view either way that we need to consider. They are the ones we need to show hunting in positive way to. I see postings at times that make me cringe so I can imagine what effect it has on someone who has given hunting no real thought. At times we can fall into the thinking that there is only us and the antis but there a lot of people who are not into hunting but are not really against it either. That is where the effort to show positive hunting needs to focus and they are the ones we need to consider in regards to the type of images we post.

Time as hunters we stop looking for problems within and start sticking together.

I appreciate the big picture but slightly disagree. If there is a specific hunting activity I don't agree with or a gun legislative measure / gun hunting regulation I do agree with, I will absolutely and apologetically state my opinion. I don't believe in setting my ethics aside to satisfy someone else's ethics.

I think factions are to be expected (and healthy to have in the open as opposed to existing underground with animosity) when you have 10's of millions of people involved in the same broad activity.

I get your point and would not ask anyone to put there ethics aside. Just does not always help to bring the fight with in over stuff just because it may not be your cup of tea. The more we fight within the more we lose and the antis gain. I have said it more then once sometimes saying nothing is better then fighting with in your own group. There is limits to that but fighting over some girl who took pictures with animals is crazy to me.

Hard to beat one group who's only focus is to stop hunting when we can not even just support another hunter because of some pictures. Time we all start looking at the big picture not just about the ways we may like to hunt ourselves.

Well said Bill.

It seems like we give, give, and give some more, and it's never enough for the antis. United and respecting one another is the only way we can fight them, and I mean every one (Archers, shotgunners, black gun guys, competitors, etc, etc). Just the NRA has 5+ million members. How about the number of gun owners in the US? Together we can be a loud and strong voice, but only together we can win this battle.

OK well here you go--I hunted and was hunted by a 300 lb lioness 3 days ago. I thought we lost her in the scrub, when one of the guys on the tail ran up saying it was right behind us. The shot at was at maybe 20 yards.

She's a beautiful cat, maybe almost as beautiful as my wife and a wonderful way to start a honeymoon. Yeah I took a few pics with the blood still showing; but that was while the trackers were preparing a spot for the photographer and the "clean" photos. So the F what! The Anti's won't be happier with the "clean" photos and any "Non's" who are bothered by blood from a fresh kill can kiss my arse too.

Hunting is a natural as child birth and we are forced to smile at every co-workers newborn pics. Now that "that's" said. I'm easy to find. If your coming, please bring friends, I'll add their ears to my necklace as well as yours. If you come when my kids are home, we might have to argue over how we split up your ears....

OK well here you go--I hunted and was hunted by a 300 lb lioness 3 days ago. I thought we lost her in the scrub, when one of the guys on the tail ran up saying it was right behind us. The shot at was at maybe 20 yards.

She's a beautiful cat, maybe almost as beautiful as my wife and a wonderful way to start a honeymoon. Yeah I took a few pics with the blood still showing; but that was while the trackers were preparing a spot for the photographer and the "clean" photos. So the F what! The Anti's won't be happier with the "clean" photos and any "Non's" who are bothered by blood from a fresh kill can kiss my arse too.

Hunting is a natural as child birth and we are forced to smile at every co-workers newborn pics. Now that "that's" said. I'm easy to find. If your coming, please bring friends, I'll add their ears to my necklace as well as yours. If you come when my kids are home, we might have to argue over how we split up your ears....
Wow..lol

Armchair bad asses, nothing more, nothing less.

I call them "Keyboard Ninjas", they are tough only behind their key boards & screens.

@EDELWEISS, how about sharing those beautiful pictures of your Lioness. (y)(y)(y)

Last edited by a moderator:
Using social media is the same thing as posting a photo on a billboard in downtown Dallas with your name and phone number prominently displayed in order to invite public comment. Or it is like taking a traditional personal photo album, setting it out in the middle of city hall/park/wherever with a pen next to it, and inviting the general public to write in comments. I suspect few of the pre-millennials on this site would think that was wise behavior. No she doesn't deserve it, but the facebook generation needs to wake up.

I fully agree. Although I'd say its even worse, its like next that family album also putting a list of all of your contacts, like say your personal phone book, and any person you've ever somewhat interacted with. This also includes your employers, future customers/clients etc... and telling people to contact them and give them their thoughts on your personal photos.

Even worse for the 80s/90s/millennials generation of people is even if an individual doesn't have facebook, most of their friends do, which means their photos could easily end up on social media because a friend or whoever might take a picture of them doing something "funny", "cool", stupid etc... and then post that photo. Now since all cellphones have cameras, even HD ones, people have to be extra vigilant about their privacy and what they're doing not just online but in life to. As its very easy for a photo to get onto the internet but virtually impossible to remove it.

I think if the album of hunting photos posted included pictures of all the poor fed with the donated meat, it would disarm so many of these keyboard ninjas and disperse the social justice mob.

One giraffe can provide 1,985 lbs of meat for the poor, based on what I have seen.

Everyone wants to force everyone else's lives to what they believe in, instead of just living their own life and letting the rest do the same.
True, and this is why i dont care too much for getting into it with anti hunters... I dont force my point of view on you, you best not try force yours onto me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg