Girl gets death threats for shooting a giraffe

Heres what she should say: Yep I did it. I'll do it again! I do it because its legal, its natural, and its spiritual. I posted it for everyone to share in my love of nature and God's good grace. For any of you who dont like it, I weep for you. I weep because of your closed minds. Finally for those of you who choose to threaten me, bring it on...but bring friends so I have options for the best trophies and maybe include a note about how youd like to be mounted (personally I think a simple necklace of ears is the most classy; but if you insist I can do a See No Evil, Hear No Evil, Speak No Evil--if you bring enough friends)

Last edited:
They were on Fox and Friends just now. Father froze up and was not making any sense. They need to have someone more educated and articulate to represent them on National news. They represent all American hunters to people that are misinformed about Africa. This could also be a planned publicity stunt to similar to Kendall Jones.

EDELWEISS, you said just about what I've thinking, and would have included on her reply. You already know I am a good shot, so know that being far doesn't make you any safer. :)

These keyboard ninja yellow belly cowards, are just that. Uneducated idiots who follow an issue just because. We need to stop being afraid of what we post, and what we say. If those antis keep this up, we may end up not being able to post pictures here because someone might get his/her/it feelings hurt. Or watch hunting shows because they are too graphic. Under Armour Hunter drops their sponsorship of a hunter for hunting a bear with a spear and posting a video of the hunt. The antis wrote to UA, and complained, and the antis won because UA dropped their sponsorship.

These antis are becoming a strong voice because they voice their believes, and we usually don't. We need to stand up as a giant voice and voice our opinion as well. Show this young lady our support, by posting on her face book, and doing other things to show UA, the antis that we are a strong voice and we have a right to be heard.

They have just been discussing or should I rather say condeming her on Sky news also on the front page of some British papers.

I just saw this on Fox news this evening, it's pretty sad when a little girl can't share photos of a successful father daughter hunt without whackos threatening her.
http://fox13now.com/2016/08/16/cach...-hunt-leads-to-death-threats-on-social-media/

I'm guessing none wear leather, eat meat, or certainly do not wear dyed clothing as strip mining kills lots, at once. Should be easy to spot, cheesecloth robes with rope belts. That or they're mindless hypocrites of the highest order.

One way to help her, is to go to her page and write a review with 5 stars. I support her. But at the same time, we need to get real. Posting public photos that others may regard as disrespectfut to the animal (such as standing or sitting on the animal in any form) may not be in the best interest of our efforts. Maybe, keep those to a personal or closed photo album. Those who do not hunt will not understand our thrill of the hunt in any aspect. "So be wise as serpents and innocent as doves."

https://www.facebook.com/aryanna.braidsandbowshunting/

Christina you are correct in what you say. But you know what bothers me the most about this is that so many of these people who make threats hide behind the World Wide Web! They wouldn't be so brave or hateful if they were standing In Front of us!

Who the hell are they to tell someone how to live.

PC bull has gone way too far. Our Grandfathers would kick our ass for being so spineless.

I support her. But at the same time, we need to get real. Posting public photos that others may regard as disrespectfut to the animal (such as standing or sitting on the animal in any form) may not be in the best interest of our efforts.

Ahhhhhh NO! We do not win by bowing to them! We do not win by hiding what we do! We do not win by only sharing our trophies with friends. We WIN by being who we are. We WIN by making them look like the psychopaths they are. Being proud of our children is how we WIN. Hunting with our children and sharing their triumphs is how we WIN. There is NOTHING shameful in trophy hunting. THAT's how we WIN!

I think Christina has a valid point, even as a hunter I don't like photos that disrespect are animals we harvest, so non hunters are easily influenced.

I think Christina has a valid point, even as a hunter I don't like photos that disrespect are animals we harvest, so non hunters are easily influenced.
Ok don't pose behind the animal with your pants around your ankles and your junk in your hand. Hunters have been posing sitting on large animals for 100 years. Do you really wanna say Teddy Roosevelt was disrespectful to animals.

Thats kind of logic that says don't do anything that offends them-- its ludicrous. They will still hate you. They will still wanna attack you for doing what is natural and necessary and legal. You cant appease them. If history teaches us anything, its that appeasement doesn't work. The Anti's are as much the enemy as Democrats, and Nazis and muslim terrorists. They all want something that is yours. Don't give into them.

Last edited:
I respectfully disagree, times have changed, the non hunting public is who I try to put hunting in a positive light.

@jeff , I agree with you, it's the neutral people you don't want to push to becoming anti....

The three animals that spark the most outrage with the Anti's.

Elephant. Giraffe. Lion

Maybe it's the movie culture, and animated video's that often have these animals as the loveable star?

I'd add zebra to this list. In 2015, while hunting in Namibia, my daughter posted photos to FB. First a Hartebeest.......got lots of likes. Then a Gemsbok..........got lots of likes. Finally, a Hartmann Zebra.......got hate mail, reported to FB and threats. One reason I don't do FB at all.

I respectfully disagree, times have changed, the non hunting public is who I try to put hunting in a positive light.

@jeff , I agree with you, it's the neutral people you don't want to push to becoming anti....

Guys I don't know how to break it to you; but you will NEVER get their love. You will never convince them and you certainly won't get their approval if you hide from them. The Antis are the Nazis and Communists, they must be faced. They must be faced full on. They must be made to look as crazy as they are. These death threats are GOOD for us and good for the hunting cause. We should embrace them. We should taunt them and hope they do more. They are terrorists. Wait for them and when they come throw "their" blood back on them.

Yesterday I was shopping at the Coach store looking for a backpack for my wife to carry on our lion hunt. I was pretty sure just by looking at the woman who was helping me that she was an ANTI. I told her I was looking for a backpack for travelling. She described how Coach used only the best grade leather and all leather not meeting their standards gets sold to other companies. She kept asking questions about what I wanted it for, when I told her we were going to hunt lions; she took a sharp breath and made a face with obvious disapproval. I smilled and asked her why if she had such a problem with hunting WHY she was working in a store that sold LEATHER--then I told her boss. I didn't buy the bag; but now I'm thinking of going back just to do it again....

Do not run from your enemy FACE THEM. They win when you try to hide

smilled and asked her why if she had such a problem with hunting WHY she was working in a store that sold LEATHER--then I told her boss. I didn't buy the bag; but now I'm thinking of going back just to do it again....

Nice (y)

I've reframed from much comment, but lets be realistic. This approval by the committee of apropos/ good taste; just where has this gotten us? what ground have we gained? This bending to the will of the opposing vocal, where has it gotten us?

No Where but backwards.

I'm not trying to get approval of anti's, by being well informed and respectful we can show the non hunters just what wackos the anti's are. The non hunters make up the vast majority of the population. They're the ones that I want to influence positively, excess blood and gore and a in your face attitude will just turn them in to anti's. We need to put hunting in a positive light.

Good on her for taking the animal and being a strong individual.
In today's instantly connected society I would tend to agree that posing in a questionable manner with an animal isn't the best choice. To me personally it disrespects the animal, but as other have pointed out man has been doing it since the camera was invented.
Don't forget that even though the anti hunting crowd are a selfish self-serving group they still have the right to an opinion even though it's as misguided as it is. Death threats on a 12yr old are made by a bunch of cowards that hide behind the veil of the internet. No different than the cowards who call themselves ISIS. I would be more than happy to meet them face to face and "learn them something". I guarantee I would get no takers.
It is up to the hunting community to portray hunting as a ethical sport and is necessary for conservation. Choose you pictures wisely and think of the possible repercussions for the hunting community.

Last edited:
You won't "find" me on Facebook

There is absolutely nothing useful there

It sux that she has received a lot of negative flack but post Cecil the father should have expected this.....she is only 12 for Pete's sake!

The hand on her hip picture that CBS news ran of her with her Giraffe quickly followed by a picture of Kendall Jones flexing her muscles behind a lion probably made things even worse

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HongPilgri

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg