Giraffe Taxidermy

lpace

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, USA, Canada
Howdy all,

I'm tinkering with the idea of an archery giraffe on my next trip over. What I'm wondering about are ideas for what to do with a giraffe taxidermy wise. I don't have a place that I can do mount so I'm wondering what other options are available. Pics would be greatly appreciated. Thanks! :)

Could you do a shoulder mount that sits on the floor?
I've also seen rugs and furniture on here, as well as things done with leg bones like lamps.

Could you do a shoulder mount that sits on the floor?
I've also seen rugs and furniture on here, as well as things done with leg bones like lamps.

I doubt it. The ceiling in my man cave is not very high, I can easily touch the ceiling....

Aha. My cave has a short ceiling as well. But as I walk down the stairs I've got the perfect place for a wall mounted one! By the time I can afford a giraffe, however, I'll have a different profession and a larger home

image.jpg

This is a floor pedestal mount done by Capricorn Taxidermy in Polokwane RSA. This one was my sons from the 2015 hunt. My giraffe from 2016 will be the head and upper two feet of the neck for a wall mount.

How tall is that beauty?

You could get the neck bent to lower the height. Bill C - post a pic of the mount of the giraffe you had done. It turned out well.

This pose is still 8'6" with the base and bracket sitting on the floor.

Giraffe2.jpg

I think you should just cut a hole in the ceiling of the cave. Problem solved! Hahaha

Some very interesting mounts . . . would require more permission than I'm likely to get.

You could always look at a full skin rug. It's a bit of a difficult shape, but covers a lot of ground.

After doing a rug, I used the skin from the last giraffe to make gun bags, both for me and for good friends (you get quite a few form one giraffe!). I note that you shoot a bow, but perhaps there's something similar for bows? If not, I suggest you switch to guns. :LOL:

The ceiling in my man cave is just over 7'...

How tall is the pedestal?

With the steel rod at the bottom of the mount it is 8 ft 6 inch tall even with the turn down neck. You would need to get rid of the shoulders and just use the neck to get down to 7FT.

With the steel rod at the bottom of the mount it is 8 ft 6 inch tall even with the turn down neck. You would need to get rid of the shoulders and just use the neck to get down to 7FT.

Thanks for the input.... :)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ModestaHac

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg