Giraffe Skins

chiefdale

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
THINKING OF HARVESTING GIRAFFE ON 2022 HUNT (MAY BE A bLACK) nOT SURE WHAT TO DO WITH HIDE ANY PHOTOS OF RUGS OR OTHER USES WOULD BE APPRECIATED NOT INTERESTED IN DOING FURNITURE WRAPS THANK YOU FOR YOUR TIME

I had gun bags and overnight bags made from mine. I wish I had better pics of the overnight bags as they turned out extremely nice!!!

I also had a rug made from the dark giraffe(sorry, no pics of that)

Gir 2.jpg
Gir 3.jpg
Gir1.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@jasyblood those look very nice, did you have them done back home, or on location in Africa? In either case, could you give some indication on what this cost you to have them made from your giraffe skin?

@jasyblood those look very nice, did you have them done back home, or on location in Africa? In either case, could you give some indication on what this cost you to have them made from your giraffe skin?
Thanks! I had them made in South Africa at Bull's Eye Taxidermy near Vaalwater. The cost to tan the hides was $1395.00 per giraffe and the gun bags were $340.00ea and the overnight bags were $206.00ea.

Thanks! I had them made in South Africa at Bull's Eye Taxidermy near Vaalwater. The cost to tan the hides was $1395.00 per giraffe and the gun bags were $340.00ea and the overnight bags were $206.00ea.
Thanks for the info!

Hi chiefdale. There's been some lovely stuff made from giraffe so I hope you can get it done. However you don't say what country you're in or where your hunt will be. Better check your local regs. I think giraffes have been classified under CITES and that may cause problems on the import / export side. Check what permits are needed, and the procedures applicable, well before hand. At least one well respected member on this forum has had problems because of this.

Good day @chiefdale

Here are some different ideas of how to utilize your entire Giraffe for you.

giraffe-umbrella-stand-ii022-jpg.424565

giraffe-feet-single-bookends-ff-046-jpeg-jpg.424567

giraffe-double-foot-lamp-ff-018-jpg.424568

giraffe-neck-skeleton-pedestal-mount-ff-061-jpeg-jpg.424570

giraffe-feet-single-bookends-ff-046-jpeg-jpg.424566

Giraffe Neckmount - dd 334.jpg

Attachments

• Giraffe Umbrella stand - II022.jpg
    6.1 MB · Views: 310
  • Giraffe Feet Single Bookends - FF 046.jpeg.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 481
  • Giraffe Feet Single Bookends - FF 046.jpeg.jpg
    7.4 MB · Views: 528
  • Giraffe Double Foot Lamp - FF 018.jpg
    6.8 MB · Views: 465
  • Giraffe Neck Skeleton Pedestal Mount - FF 061.jpeg.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 299
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Huntingthewoods

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois