Getting swift bullets in Australia

Discussion in 'Firearms & Ammunition' started by bruce moulds, Nov 1, 2018.

1. bruce moulds

bruce moulds AH Elite

it looks like beretta aust are the agents for swift bullets, but seem to have difficulty supplying.
    i have discovered that brownells aust can get them for you.
    they take ages as they have to come from usa as in individual order, go through customs, then go through the aust distributor.
    this is ok as long as you order well in advance of requirement.
    customs seem to give them a hard time, and i suspect this is probably due to govt policy.
    make it harder to shoot and shooters will go away.
    osa is the aust agent for rws stuff, and do not answer emails, which makes it hard when you need 9.3x64 brass which is only made by rws.
    bruce.

2. bruce moulds

bruce moulds AH Elite

just took delivery of 50 swift 286 gn aframes from sara store, ordered through beretta aust.
    there are another 50 in customs through brownells.
    customs takes ages, obvious govt policy to make it harder for firearms industry and shooters in the hope that some will go away.
    so we can get swift bullets here from at least 2 sources.
    now we just have to source 9.3x64 brass from rws!!!!.
    order that one a really log time in advance.
    bruce.

3. bushy

bushy AH Member

Dropped into the gun shop I stop at sometimes and they have a small selection of swift projectiles, I only looked at .308 and .375 but they had others also, I will have a look again in 3-4 weeks when I travel back through.
    I'm in Qld

4. JPbowhunter

JPbowhunter AH Fanatic

Video/Photo:
    Last time i ordered through brownells they said delivery would be 10 days. Ended up 2 months.

I generally run barnes but I've had to change because raytrade have had trouble getting them in. Waited 4 months through my local shop before cancelling.