Getting Ready to Go - Spiral Horn Safaris here I come..again!

TOM

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
SCI,DSC, QDMA, QU
Hunted
Africa, Europe, Asia, North America
Hey gang,

I'm at that point before a safari where you can't think straight, can't concentrate, and are completely focused on gear, packing lists, and the upcoming adventure!

I am taking two bows, my black widow recurve and a Mathews Switchback compound. So, these will be packed in one duffel bag with loads of different arrows and broadheads. I will literally only be taking two pairs of pants and a few shirts. Otherwise, it's all gear.

I'm taking a FOXPRO caller in an attempt to try some night hunting for jackal and the little cats. Also taking night vision binoculars.

I've got several different setups going with my archery tackle:

Giraffe - Compound bow at 74 lbs, with a 890 grain grizzly stick safari arrow and a 315 grain "nanook" single bevel broadhead. This setup could shoot through a brick wall i think!

Plains game - compound - Gold tip pro hunter arrows with 125 grain muzzy three blade, 125 grain rage, 125 grain G5 montecs.

Plains game - recurve - Gold tip pro hunter with 220 grain muzzy phantoms up front. They weigh around 550 grains finished and fly great. I really hope to shoot a lot of game with the recurve.

Dink around - 4 bludgeon blunt tips for guinea fowl, and one zwickey judo point for longer shots on guineas and other miscellaneous.

CAN'T WAIT TO GET OUT OF THE OFFICE!

Good luck on your trip .I am going over all my stuff now as we leave weds morning to go hunt in south africa also.Have a safe trip also.

You should have a excellent hunt and you will be able to test some hunting gear...I'm jeolous (lol).

Tom

Wow..you have some great new toys to try out....

Good luck on your night hunting...

Thanks guys. This will mostly be an "experimental" trip. My only real goal is the giraffe and maybe a nice waterbuck. Other than that, i plan on shooting a number of impala ewes, some warthogs and whatever else comes close! I really want to get some real field testing on some of these products and broadheads. That, and I can't wait to try a FOXPRO caller in Africa. The jackals and little cats probably haven't heard one before so I'm excited to see what happens.

Sitting in the airport, waiting for the first flight!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross