Germany Hunting Pictures

Nah, the one that got killed this year in July. He was still in velvet.

That´s not you btw, is it? Otherwise we would know each other quite well :-D

Sadly, there are so many losses, I don't know everyone.....

And no, thats not me, but I know that guy too....

HWL

the greatest bear murderer of all times-
Nicolae Ceaucescu.
Romanian Dictator-"Titan of the Carpathians"

He not only murdered the animals but also tortured, froze and starved his people.
He was the European edition of Kim Yong Un.
Ceausescu wanted to break all hunting records and above all to make Broz Tito (Yugoslavia) and Leonid Breschenev (UDSSR) look small as hunters.
Worse than Goering (Nazi) in the German Reich and Erich Honnecker ,(Communist) GDR, he performed.
I have the luck to be allowed to hunt regularly in a Ceaucescu district. Hunting in the rut red deer.And have also been able to "admire" his hunting facilities.
Most of his bears, altogether 3.900 !!! in the number he shot in over 20 years with driven hunts, or on his comfortable "high seats".See photos.
On two mornings he shot once over 31 !!!! Bears,

ceausescu_baerentoeter1969.jpg

which his hunters had to breed like sheep.
His secret police, Securitate, so the old foresters told me, marked the trees with chalk and if one of his PHs - who were only allowed to have shotguns - did not go below this range with a broken/open weapon, his bodyguards shot the hunter.
All this is hard to believe, but against this person even Count Dracula was harmless and he was more afraid of assassination than Adolf Hitler or Idi Amin

Ceasescou.JPG

a "simple" Ceaucescu high seat in the Carpathian wilderness

Ceau.JPG

this is how the simple :cool: bear seat of the Carpathian titan looks like inside

ceau luder.JPG

An old horse was brought up with chain tied to the iron bar ,shot and the big hero shot the bears from a good 20 meters from his hatch.
Here you can see corn at the bottom, this place is now used as a place for photo tourists (there are almost none) to see Ceaucescu bears . And boar hunting.
There was even a plan to fly in the largest coastal bears of North America, so that they can cross with the Carpathian bears.For this project, however, he ran out of money towards the end of his career.

Ceasucsecu Schlächter.jpg

He was also a resident chamois killer.
His people starved and he had highways built in the uninhabited chamois regions to comfortably reach his prey.
In Europe there is a belief, that whoever kills an albino chamois must die within a year.
As proofs the Austrian crown prince Rudolf (son of empress Sissy) is quoted. suicide on castle Mayerling.
The assassination of the heir to the throne Franz Ferdinand in Sarajevo.
Trigger of the 1st World War.
Both shot a white chamois and had to die on schedule within a year.
So shot the Carpathiantitan,this ugly creature from a gondola !!! !!! in January 1989, say and write 66 !!! chaimois.
ceausescu_vampir_1969.jpg

Eleven months later he was executed with his wife Elena (more hated by the people than he).
Too bad that he did not get much earlier to a white chamois.
Man and animal would have been spared much.

Regards from Munich
Foxi

Last edited:
Most interesting post.
I had no idea about white chamois!
Thank you for sharing, @Foxi!

I knew he was a ruthless bear killer, but 3.900 ! I could never imagine.

Thanks for the post Foxi :D Cheers:

Season is finally here again (after two long monts :cool: ) and I got lucky on opening morning:

40876112pe.jpeg

Congratulations, our season doesn’t start till the 9th of May. Oh the wait...

Waidmannsdank!

The seasons differ, depending on which state you´re hunting. Where I live the season for roebucks and yearling does is from April 1st to January 31th. Adult does and fawns are hunted September 1st to January 31th.

Went out this morning even though we had some snow falling. It was pretty darn cold but i managed to sneak up on two adult does with a yearling buck that I managed to take using the bipod. This one goes into my own fridge and will result in some great steaks and burgers. As I knew I wanted to eat him myself I aimed a tad behind the shoulders which caused him to run around 40 yards after the shot. Nice little exercise for my dog.

40921870ze.jpeg

Hi Gents,
a few pics from home.
Germany can be a hunting paradise.
Rooes,deers,chamois,and really a lot of wild boars.
But the good areas are mostly privat property.
No normal hunting on public land allowed.
When you are staying, as a soldier in Germany,ask your commander for hunting on a military training ground.
These are really best places (Grafenwöhr,Hohenfels,Baumholder and someone) for you to hunt.
Greetings from Munic
Foxi

View attachment 27862 View attachment 27863 View attachment 27864
Hello Foxi,
Probably going to ask this in the wrong spot, but was hoping you and or any other European hunters could help a newbie out on questions. I someday hope to be able to hunt in Germany (my family ancestry came from Germany) for wild boar and possible some others. Also, love to catch pike in Europe. I have many questions, but will try to only ask a few for now. First, what country would be recommended for the first trip over? How about speaking English as I only know a small amount of German. What is the best way to learn the customs and traditions, so that I am being respectful and ensuring I am doing what is expected? Last for now is it possible to do a boar hunt not driven and also pike fishing? Appreciate any input as i am in the learning stages.

I do have to add that I love how European and African hunts are with such respect. When you watch what is shown now on most hunting in North America, it is actually sad how the people show zero respect to the animals or the areas they hunt in IMO. Thanks

That is a good Bock! I work for the US Army and hunt at Hohenfels. For over 15 years, the commander can no longer authorize us to hunt in Germany. We must get an auslander deutsche Jagdschein too, and all hunts at Graf and Hohenfels must be coordinated through the Bundesforst.
I was at Graf and Hoenfels from 1991-1995 and took 6 Roe, 4 pigs and 1 chamois (on German border). I loved hunting and fishing there.

Hello Foxi,
Probably going to ask this in the wrong spot, but was hoping you and or any other European hunters could help a newbie out on questions. I someday hope to be able to hunt in Germany (my family ancestry came from Germany) for wild boar and possible some others. Also, love to catch pike in Europe. I have many questions, but will try to only ask a few for now. First, what country would be recommended for the first trip over? How about speaking English as I only know a small amount of German. What is the best way to learn the customs and traditions, so that I am being respectful and ensuring I am doing what is expected? Last for now is it possible to do a boar hunt not driven and also pike fishing? Appreciate any input as i am in the learning stages.

I do have to add that I love how European and African hunts are with such respect. When you watch what is shown now on most hunting in North America, it is actually sad how the people show zero respect to the animals or the areas they hunt in IMO. Thanks
Sorry David, I have only just read your questions, I will get back to you in a few days and try to answer one or two of them.

Greetings

Great photos Foxi. I hope the heard prospers and increase.
1664980426427.png

The bison/Wisent project in Germany was stopped by the courts.
The landowners were no longer willing to put up with the damage, despite compensation.
They will probably be shot down. What a pity.
Reminds me a little of our discussion culture with Africa.
"Stop chasing the elephants, they are such nice animals".
But it better not be a bison in your own forest...........

Such a loss.

View attachment 493028
The bison/Wisent project in Germany was stopped by the courts.
The landowners were no longer willing to put up with the damage, despite compensation.
They will probably be shot down. What a pity.
Reminds me a little of our discussion culture with Africa.
"Stop chasing the elephants, they are such nice animals".
But it better not be a bison in your own forest...........

Indeed that would be such a shame if those animals are put down because of unsatisfactory legislation.

@Foxi, what would the farmers need in order to keep this rehabilitation effort going? More compensation ? Larger area and further away from cultivated land?

Indeed that would be such a shame if those animals are put down because of unsatisfactory legislation.

@Foxi, what would the farmers need in order to keep this rehabilitation effort going? More compensation ? Larger area and further away from cultivated land?
They basically don't want them any more, because supposedly no forest comes up and this cannot be compensated by money.
We simply don't have the areas where they could live in peace.
Moreover, they like to visit the agricultural areas too much.

Hello Foxi,

Sorry, I just saw this today, as I drifted over to this thread to see something else...

Honestly, from what you've outlined, I recommend Poland. Here is why:
You will find Poland much less expensive than Germany, and it is much easier to get an "Auslander" license. The guide I use in Poland can use your current license to get a "temporary" (i.e. for the duration of the hunt) Polish license.

I understand your family history is German, but understand the western parts of Poland were actually German territory for the longest time. For example, I've hunted a bit in an area called "Jelenia Gora", but if you put that in wikipedia, you'll learn that for an awful long time it was called "Hirschberg". In both languages, that means "Deer Mountain".

The firm I use is huntadventure.pl.

As far as learning the traditions, here is a simple way: The status of forces agreement between the US and Germany allows for US forces to get a German Jagdschein (license). This is not an Auslander license, it is a full up German license. To qualify, you must take the course, but the course (and most importantly the test) is in English. This means there is an English curriculum that can be found on line. See here: https://wiesbaden.armymwr.com/programs/hunting-fishing-sport-shooting or here: https://grafenwoehr.armymwr.com/programs/hunting-fishing-sport-shooting

Scroll down to "Hunting Course Materials" and click the down arrow. You are specifically interested in Guide 15, but others will be helpful. Full disclosure: I help teach this course at one of the garrisons.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andresonjames29

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.