Germany Hunting Pictures

Great hunting and trophies! I have to wait another 25 weeks before our deer season begins.

We have quite good bucks in the area this year.
The mild winter without snow has certainly contributed to a good development.
A few bucks from my hunting buddies and me.
And the season is only a few days old

View attachment 346949
Roebuck is a wonderful game.Worth to hunt it fair.Not so as our Staatsforsten (Government land) do it.
View attachment 346951
You can hunt it alone,don't need a crew to bring them out of the woods and the meat has the best taste.
View attachment 346952
not so young
View attachment 346953
I shoot them often with my .223,because I love this little pill, but a 8x or a 7x57 is much better for the quality of the meat
View attachment 346955
a hell of a roebuck from the Bavarian mountains
View attachment 346956
no place like home

I 100% agree. Great fun chasing them, afterwards you pick the animal up by yourself with ease and it tastes wonderful. Since I started hunting them my wife doesn’t want beef anymore, Roe is the preferred protein.

Sorry for your loss Foxi, these are difficult times filled with sadness. Dogs hold a special place in our hearts.

Foxi,

I am +1 with Jerome.
Not sure how I missed this thread until now but with my apology, I did miss it somehow.
I do understand how painful it is when one of our beautiful 4 legged hunting companions, has to leave us and finally swim across the River Styx.

About 20 years ago, my wire haired fox terrier, was chasing something, probably a snowshoe hare but maybe a young coyote or a young lynx.
If it was one of those last two, perhaps it was too immature to spin around and fight my brave little dog and so it ran a long way instead.
We were in thick riverine bush but, I could hear her excited yelping as she gave chase.
Her sound faded into the distance.
Eventually I found her dead on a public road, about 3/4 Kilometer or a half mile from where she began her fatal pursuit.
She had been struck dead by a car.

Her name was Dandelion and she was a keen hunter.
My friends and I shot many hare, as well as grouse and one ermine (white weasel) that she flushed from the thickest bush here in Alaska.
She warmed herself beside many happy camp fires with me and my wife and sons and friends.
She remains with us in spirit.
Many a frosty glass has been raised, with the cheer “to Dandelion!,” “waidmannsheil!, skal!, cheers!, salud!, chioza!, slanga vaar!,” etc.

Sometimes I relate better to hunting dogs than I relate to most humans.

Belated condolences,
Your friend, Paul / General Miles.

Last edited:
Some good bucks there, congrats!

Been busy this morning as well.

38522941zr.jpeg

We are really bursting with hogs right now. As I hunt mostly on state forest we don´t have to worry about damage, but our neighbours do and therefore I try to help wherever I can. After the sounder was gone, the buck came as a bonus.

38411545qx.jpeg

Same stand two weeks earlier. They really like to roam there in the mornings.

38327514uk.jpeg

Got this yearling sleeping in and going for a little stalk at noon. He was laying in some freshly cut trees and enjoying the sun. Less than 10kg field dressed.

38424391sh.jpeg

This is what a yearling should look like regarding body size. He came in at 15kg.

Attachments

• 38522941zr.jpeg
    38522941zr.jpeg
    316.6 KB · Views: 223
  • 38411545qx.jpeg
    38411545qx.jpeg
    289.2 KB · Views: 242
  • 38327514uk.jpeg
    38327514uk.jpeg
    313.5 KB · Views: 237
  • 38424391sh.jpeg
    38424391sh.jpeg
    229.6 KB · Views: 243
Last edited by a moderator:
38548132xc.jpeg

Been pretty successfull on saturday morning. The buck is about as good as they get here, haven´t seen a better one so far. Areas with red deer normally do not produce good roedeer trophies.

Attachments

• 38548132xc.jpeg
    38548132xc.jpeg
    261.8 KB · Views: 248
Last edited by a moderator:
At the beginning of March my dachshund(Dackel) Brezel died unexpectedly from a spleen tumor.
It is always a great pain to bury your hunting companion.
Without a dog it is not possible in a hunter's household and so we have again brought a future hunting companion into the house.
She is called Keks (cookie), again a Dackel and is almost always magical.
That means the days are beautiful, the nights are exhausting.
But it's getting better, the piles in the house are getting less and I don't walk through her puddles as often at night :rolleyes:
We are also no longer woken at 2.00 o'clock at night, but since a few days, she lets us sleep until 4.00 o'clock :sleep:
So we can hope the best:giggle:

Keks.JPG

Keks (cookie) with four weeks

Keksi.JPG

the discovery of a new wold
Keks..JPG

We have a lot going on here now

Last edited:
Beautiful!

Lovely dog, Foxi, congratulations !

How does the old German saying go? One should get the new dog before the old grows cold or something like that. Terrible to lose one and wonderful (most days) to get a new pup. Happy for you.

Last Friday, Germany, Northern Bavaria, close to "Grafenwöhr Training Area", some may know....

IMG-20201130-WA0000[1].jpg

HWL

It could be a young wolf, but most ptobably it is a golden jackal Canis aureus

They are common in south east Europe, but they are spreading fast. Below photo is from internet.
1606769438172.png

Reactions: WAB
You need to shoot that dog! It seems small for a wolf, what exactly is it?
It's a menber of a 6 head, well documented group of wolfes...

They are supervised by more than 180 trail cams ..... and they eat everything we hunted in former times....

During the night, they come into our gardens and check our compost heaps.

HWL

It's Veldensteiner Forst, not Hohenfels... I think, you know.

HWL

You´re close to that are? I´m there hunting a a friend´s place once or twice a year.

Have you seen the big stag killed by that single wolf in the Pegnitz creek?

This one....?

IMG-20200831-WA0009.jpg

HWL

Nah, the one that got killed this year in July. He was still in velvet.

That´s not you btw, is it? Otherwise we would know each other quite well :-D

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlieRiggs

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross