Germany Hunting Pictures

Here are two better bucks from a few I had the luck to shoot these days with my beloved .223 Rem
A caliber, unfortunatley (booah, a word,so heavy like a birth) not so good for the meatquality, nevertheless I like it for Roes and Foxes and shot a lot with it.
Below,the one with the rope, was running the last meters in a horse fence.
Caught the net of universe.
@ Craig-how are things ?
Foxi

- View attachment 43064 View attachment 43065
The first Bock is a very good Bock. Waidmannsheil!

in the rut is so often nothing normal
Foxi

Thanks for sharing,
I have had Drahthaar's since 1980, Awesome breed of German dog. they have found many big and small game animals that would otherwise been lost. Forrest

Hi Kathy,

I don't guide Draathaar,but I know them very well.
The most powerful German dog breed.
But not a dog for softeggs.
Respect when you came clear with them.
Foxi

Great video, thanks Foxi !

Foxi, yes Drahthaar is a powerful breed. they are a true versatile hunting companion .Bird hunt in the morning, blood trail a deer that afternoon ,tree a coon that night.
The thing about German registered breeds ( VDD-GNA ) they are tested for their hunting abilities , if they fail they are not aloud to breed. not like AKC if they have papers ,have at it. Forrest

Foxi, yes Drahthaar is a powerful breed. they are a true versatile hunting companion .Bird hunt in the morning, blood trail a deer that afternoon ,tree a coon that night.
The thing about German registered breeds ( VDD-GNA ) they are tested for their hunting abilities , if they fail they are not aloud to breed. not like AKC if they have papers ,have at it. Forrest

a good friend wounded in a winter night a fox.
He let his Drahthaar out of the car and 20 minutes !!! later the hound killed the fox and apported him :)
Foxi

Im just coming from the deer rut in the Tyrolean Mountains (nothing happend :( ) .
At this time ,there is the Almabtrieb also.
When the feeding season ends in the Mountains for the cattle,the farmer of every village bring them back in the valleys for wintertime on a special day.
Washed and well dressed-Farmer like cattle ;)
Its a big festival in the german speaking part of the Alps.
Some cowbells are over 150 years old.
Hope you enjoy the beautiful cows.
Foxi
Almabtrieb.jpg
Almabtrieb b.jpg

just coming back from the red deer rut in the Karpaten Mountains/ Romania/East Europe.

The Karpaten Hirsch is shy,clever ,but the rut there is with nothing comparing to other ruts in Europe(exeptional the Highlands in Scotland ,its also difficult) .
The tip building of his stag is more a Wapiti/Elk than a European deer.
Liveweight 300 kg ,sometimes clear on the hook 250 kg
The wilderness is awesome there.
Moutainridge on Moutainridge over a few countrys (Slowakia,Poland,Ukraine and Romania),just wonderful.
The deer could wandering thousands of miles without a fence.
The area reminds me on British Columbia
Karpaten like BC.jpg

Kapaten like BC b.jpg

Part two:
Karpaten Stick a.jpg

We was hunting in the North of Transsylvania,in the near of the Ukraine and had a good rut.
The cold morning was better then the afternoon .
But,was I don't understand is, the the hunter there, are stalking without a stick.
Mostly you have to shoot on 50m,no problem(train snapshots on this distance,when you want to go there) by a huge red deer in the Karpaten,but so often you have a range over 100/200 m up.
And so I made my hunting mate an African three leg stick-finally I m a member of an African Hunting Forum :)
I cut three fingerwide sticks in facehigh and knot them with a shoelace.Ready.
And I was with him, when he shot a deer on lasered 162 m with a .30-06 ! in the last light.

Karpaten Hirsch c.jpg

normally I am a lucky guy on hunting.
And so I got an old devil after good and long stalk.
We guessed him on 12 years,300kg liveweight and the head,cooked out ,typical european style 8 KG
Gents, Im telling you it was great.
On the next picture you can imagine what for a monster a Karpaten-Hirsch could be.
We cut the head and the rest was brouht by 4 men on the next day.

\'goin home\'.jpg

goin' home

Karpaten-time stands still there.jpg

time is standing still there.
We had a cottage deep in the woods and won' t nothing hear of the news of the world.
When we came home and hear the news like Volkswagen crisis,Euro crisis,Near East crisis,Refugee Crisis and and and.
I'm yearning back to this area "by snow white and the seven dwarfs behind the seven mountains"

Hope you enjoy my little story.
Foxi

Last edited:
It was a great read, and great pictures, thanks for sharing. Forrest

Waidmannsheil! Very nice Hirsch.
I have been lucky enough to hunt in Germany two times. A friend works for the city of Koln and I was able to hunt in the city and in the seven hills region. It was a great experience, although I now have a better appreciation for all the wilderness we have in Canada!
Thanks for sharing your pictures.

leadership lost.JPG

LEADERSHIP IS LOST

when we entered the Zoo in Innsbruck /Austria, this year,we heared the fight and the howling of the bunch.
The old male lost the fight and a younger one is now the chief; you can see the frustration in his eyes.
Foxi

Great pictures

Awesome pictures! Reading success stories like this really make me wish I were out hunting. I recently moved to Hessen and am in the process of getting my hunting license. So only a few more months and I should be able to post some pics of my own. WMH!!

Awesome pictures! Reading success stories like this really make me wish I were out hunting. I recently moved to Hessen and am in the process of getting my hunting license. So only a few more months and I should be able to post some pics of my own. WMH!!

Thank you guys for the good word.
@ Darren , mostly here are success stories,but evereyone knows the other side of hunting.
It's only the hope to get prey ,that we all take the "bad" with the good.
Snow,ice, heat ,rain,cold ,money ,time, dissussions with your wife........ :whistle:
You have to learn a lot now in Germany,but I'm sure, than,Hessen Forst has a lot of good work for you.
WMH
Foxi

Thank you guys for the good word.
@ Darren , mostly here are success stories,but evereyone knows the other side of hunting.
It's only the hope to get prey ,that we all take the "bad" with the good.
Snow,ice, heat ,rain,cold ,money ,time, dissussions with your wife........ :whistle:
You have to learn a lot now in Germany,but I'm sure, than,Hessen Forst has a lot of good work for you.
WMH
Foxi

I know exactly what you mean. Hunting without experiencing the lows would mean the successes wouldn't be as sweet. And, as hunters, we definitely learn more from our failures than our successes. I cannot wait to begin hunting here. I'm sure there are tons of lessons just waiting to be learned ;)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jessica87G

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross