Germany Hunting Pictures

it was a big hurt for them to loose this dog-still Kevlar waistcoat;internal bleeding............
It was a fine season for me,thank you for asking,and for you ?
I travelled a lot through the world and had also good hunting at home.
My highlights was the boars at home,a new game in our property now .
A stoneold buffalo and a few really good and old roebucks.
I bring a few pics from them in next time.
This year I have not so much plans, I have to work,I must save money for other adventures.
I go with Basti one week fishing in Norway again,we booked our flights last week.
Norway is an absolute wonderful country.And its near to us.
All the best to you-take care.
Foxi

Here a Dackel,the "Navy Seals" under the dogs :whistle:

View attachment 170591
It sounds like you have had a great season! I have had an awesome first hunting season as a Jäger here in Germany. I've learned a lot, hunted some amazing species, and learned a lot about the amazing hunting culture and tradition here. My ibex hunt in Spain was really the icing on the cake. I also spent 3 days hunting in the Czech Republic outside of Pilsen but the wind was really blowing and the animals just weren't moving. I got to see a really nice damhirsch but didn't end up pulling the trigger. I also missed about a 300 meter shot on an outstanding mouflon with over a full curl. That's what happens when you forget about the 25 kph crosswind ;) Now, my season is over and I'm looking forward to a break and then back to Rehbock hunting in May. I'm excited about Jagd und Hund next week. Will you be going?

Darren,
one big,big dream I have in my heart.
I got this pic from a bavarian friend, who shot this moose in Kamtschatka with a .378 Weatherby .
What do you say to this hell of a moose bull ?
Kamtschatka,one day,its on the top of my list.
Foxi
View attachment 170600
Wow! Beautiful trophy!! I have many many animals that are at the top of my list. I definitely would like to hunt as many European species as I can while I'm here. I've always been fascinated by muntjac and chinese water deer, and I've recently discovered the alpine ibex (steinbock) which I think would be the hunt of a lifetime. Then of course, I want to hunt mouflon, dam, sika, rothirsch, and a nice keiler on the wall would be amazing. As far as european birds go, i really would like to hunt a capercalle and nile geese. I could go on and on for days. The only thing that holds me back is my budget which I'm sure is the same for most of us ;)

outstanding mouflon with over a full curl. That's what happens when you forget about the 25 kph crosswind ;) Now, my season is over and I'm looking forward to a break and then back to Rehbock hunting in May. I'm excited about Jagd und Hund next week. Will you be going?

you had a really good start to begin hunting in Germany and neighbour countries.-Big Waidmannsheil.
Im not going to the mess Jagd und Hund .To far away from Munic,Im going to Salzburg.
Please bring your pics from the Ibex.
Spain is simply great.
Hola Senor

Foxi

Last edited:
not always easy to find the motivation.
But sometimes the motivation finds you :)
Motivation.jpg

Foxi,

Also the photo of the motorcycle is interesting. There was a German missionary who went everywhere on a piki piki (motorcycle) to visit his flock. He would stop by periodically for a glass of tea. I heard that he was killed in a wreck. Very nice old man. Now I wish I remembered the make of his motorcycle. Unfortunately I am not even remembering the missionaries name right now.

All the best.

Wheels, from

the Treaty of Versailles
II.Chapter-Special terms,article 246 (May 1919 )

"The Deutsches Reich (Germany) has the duty to give back the skull of sultan Makaua (Mkwawa) ,which was taken from East Africa,to the British Government.Because this skull is a sign for the sovereignity about wide ones orders of the country to be resigned to Germany with the population is valid"
(last sentence is a google translation :rolleyes:)

You see which important person Mkwawa was .
It seems the British feared the Wahehe, like the Germans have done it .Years after his dead.
It needs eight years for the German -Sudanese troops, to put down the Wahehe and his chief Mkwawa.
And Mkwawa is a mysterious figure until today.
Zelewski was a little bit like Custer,always convinced of his own superiority.
And he lost almost the same numbers of soldiers .
None of his white (survived) enemies have known, how Mkwawa was looking at his life time.
When he felt his end ,he made suicid.
(proof: Lt. Tom von Prince "Against Arabs and Wahehe" ).

The Wahehe was so defeated now,that they don't fight anymore.
Also in the later Maji-Maji riot, they didn' fight.
(An interesting parallel is the 2.Fight in Hutchinson County,Texas, at Adobe Walls 1874 ? .
The red indian wizard Isitai had the same medicin, when he fought under the comanche chief Quanah Parker.
To get in contact with the holy water and no bullet can hurt you :( ).

It seems, that the hunting licence above, was really from the bishop Spiess and his last.
One of the prominent victims in the Maji-Maji war.
I wrote above, it was a former colony of the Germans,no later .
I changed the words.
Apologize my English.

Regards from Munich
Foxi

Last edited:
It seems, that the hunting licence above, was really from the bishop Spiess and his last.
One of the prominent victims in the Maji-Maji war.
Foxi

I am not sure if this is true or not, but I have heard that one of the reasons that the Selous is void of people is that the Maji-Maji rebellion killed the population in the area. After time it was made a game reserve and people were not allowed back in.

Do you know why the German hunting license would have been paid in Rupies instead of Marks? This is interesting.

Do you know why the German hunting license would have been paid in Rupies instead of Marks? This is interesting.

I belive yes.
The indian Rupie was the most important currency along the coast.
And when you want tax from the people ,they can't pay in German Reichs-Mark.
In cooperation with the British and the Sultan of Sansibar the German Rupie was stabilized in the year 1901/2
1 Rupie was 1,33 Reichs Mark.Subunit was the Heller and 100 from them was 1 Rupie
1247_71e9965d.jpg

Strong currency fluctuations was not uncommon.It seems to me anyhow famously:whistle::whistle:

Regards from Munich
Foxi (I'm working in the banking system :) )

Attachments

• 1247_71e9965d.jpg
    1247_71e9965d.jpg
    49.2 KB · Views: 201
Last edited:
I belive yes.
The indian Rupie was the most important currency along the coast.
And when you want tax from the people ,they can't pay in German Reichs-Mark.
In cooperation with the British and the Sultan of Sansibar the German Rupie was stabilized in the year 1901/2
1 Rupie was 1,33 Reichs Mark.Subunit was the Heller and 100 from them was 1 Rupie
1247_71e9965d.jpg

Strong currency fluctuations was not uncommon.It seems to me anyhow famously:whistle::whistle:

Regards from Munich
Foxi (I'm working in the banking system :) )

Very interesting Foxi. Thank you

It is always good to know people in the banking system.;)

If you read much of British East Africa history. You will come across rupee vs shilling debacle around 1920. Most of the settlers were angry and caught off guard since the value of their crops were halved overnight by the change in the exchange rate. Many went bankrupt or left Kenya broke owing the bank, as I recall.

Very interesting Foxi. Thank you

It is always good to know people in the banking system.;)

If you read much of British East Africa history. You will come across rupee vs shilling debacle around 1920. Most of the settlers were angry and caught off guard since the value of their crops were halved overnight by the change in the exchange rate. Many went bankrupt or left Kenya broke owing the bank, as I recall.

An inflation is a part of the war.
A long-term consequence.
This happened in the early 20ies.
In Germany we had a Hyperinflation until end of 1923.
1 kg bread cost in Berlin 428 millions Mark !!!
War is the terriblest thing a society can happen.
I rahter prefer Late-Roman decadence ;)

The first steps of the Selous was created by the governor Herbert von Wissmann (a hunter and conservationist) in 1896 and called Mohoro.
I dont belive there were a lot of people in.
I would like recommend you absolute the book

Wild Heart of Africa
the story of the Selous
from Rolf Baldus

Avaliable in German and English language.
This book is a treasure trove,a jewel,an all time high and worth every cent it costs
No,much more than that.
51pcKyS8IWL._AC_US174_.jpg

Regards from Munich
Foxi

Attachments

• 51pcKyS8IWL._AC_US174_.jpg
    51pcKyS8IWL._AC_US174_.jpg
    9.5 KB · Views: 194
Last edited:
Great history Foxi. Thanks for sharing!

Thank you for the information Foxi.

the power of wintertime is broken here and the movement of the animals in our property is higher from day to day,night to night.

badger.JPG

Badger@the morningstalk.Woked up from his hibernation.

Frischlinge.JPG
Wildboar babys.They are really nice and so sweet.
But when I think at the damage in the fields......:(in Germany the hunting-property owner(concession-holder) must pay the damage to our farmers.Painful law, but law.

Frischling II.JPG
we are calling the youth "Frischling"

backside.JPG

Backside almost like a blackbear:)

Bache.JPG

Big female,so called Bache.Don't get to close at this time.She is fighting for her children unconditionally.

good one.JPG

an old ,good roebuck.
Bucks are living territorial and they don't accept other (strong) ones in their areas.
Last season, I shot (.223) a very good one there and now an other buck comes and conquers the property.
At 1. May, our hunting season starts for bucks again.I will try my best:whistle:
Never seen him before.

Regards from Munich
Foxi

Last edited:
VW.jpg

VW-Volkswagen is also in Africa under pressure :unsure:

The result of a successful autumn driven-hunt on red deer.
104 heads in one day.
These kind of hunting is not the mine (mostly).
I dont like crowds of people in the woods.
I prefer to stalk and sit in the woods only with my dog,thats my ideal of hunting.
But,well organized,it is very efficient to reduce overpopulations. Sometimes necesarry.
And every pound of the meat goes to the consumer !
This picture is from the military ground Grafenwöhr,one of the best huntingareas in Bavaria.
Worst riflemen never get an other invitation there (or bad stands, so you are a VIP ;))
Foxi
Grafenwöhr 104 Stück.JPG

Last edited:
That would be an incredible experience.
A deer drive over here is 4 hunters "pushing" small patches of bush hoping for a shot.

I think unsafe behavior anywhere gets you uninvited.

Kroatien.JPG
What a prey !!!What an experience !!!
A hunting -buddy from Hamburg is actually in Croatia and sent me this picture for a few hours.
Croatia (Ex -Yugoslavia) has an enormous standard on hunting culture and a game management of the best.
Marvellous country .
Send your wife to the beach and you go hunting in the mountains,
Foxi

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
VioletteFg

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!