Germany Hunting Pictures

Discussion in 'Hunting Europe' started by Foxi, May 19, 2014.

1. 7x57Joe

7x57Joe AH Enthusiast

Video/Photo:
    Great hunting and trophies! I have to wait another 25 weeks before our deer season begins.

2. Opposite Pole

Opposite Pole AH Elite

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    SSAA; PZŁ, KŁ Sęp
    Hunted:
    Australia, Poland
    I 100% agree. Great fun chasing them, afterwards you pick the animal up by yourself with ease and it tastes wonderful. Since I started hunting them my wife doesn’t want beef anymore, Roe is the preferred protein.

7x57Joe likes this.

3. Velo Dog

Velo Dog AH ENABLER SILVER SUPPORTER AH Legend

Video/Photo:
    Member of:
    NRA Life Member.
    Hunted:
    South Africa 3 times, Namibia 2 times, USA - most western states including Alaska and Hawaii.
    Foxi,

I am +1 with Jerome.
    Not sure how I missed this thread until now but with my apology, I did miss it somehow.
    I do understand how painful it is when one of our beautiful 4 legged hunting companions, has to leave us and finally swim across the River Styx.

About 20 years ago, my wire haired fox terrier, was chasing something, probably a snowshoe hare but maybe a young coyote or a young lynx.
    If it was one of those last two, perhaps it was too immature to spin around and fight my brave little dog and so it ran a long way instead.
    We were in thick riverine bush but, I could hear her excited yelping as she gave chase.
    Her sound faded into the distance.
    Eventually I found her dead on a public road, about 3/4 Kilometer or a half mile from where she began her fatal pursuit.
    She had been struck dead by a car.

Her name was Dandelion and she was a keen hunter.
    My friends and I shot many hare, as well as grouse and one ermine (white weasel) that she flushed from the thickest bush here in Alaska.
    She warmed herself beside many happy camp fires with me and my wife and sons and friends.
    She remains with us in spirit.
    Many a frosty glass has been raised, with the cheer “to Dandelion!,” “waidmannsheil!, skal!, cheers!, salud!, chioza!, slanga vaar!,” etc.

Sometimes I relate better to hunting dogs than I relate to most humans.

Belated condolences,
    Your friend, Paul / General Miles.

Last edited: May 9, 2020
    7x57Joe and peter.niina like this.

4. Jaegerschnitzel1990

Jaegerschnitzel1990 AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Germany, Austria, Namibia
    Some good bucks there, congrats!

Been busy this morning as well.

[​IMG]

We are really bursting with hogs right now. As I hunt mostly on state forest we don´t have to worry about damage, but our neighbours do and therefore I try to help wherever I can. After the sounder was gone, the buck came as a bonus.

[​IMG]

Same stand two weeks earlier. They really like to roam there in the mornings.

[​IMG]

Got this yearling sleeping in and going for a little stalk at noon. He was laying in some freshly cut trees and enjoying the sun. Less than 10kg field dressed.

[​IMG]

This is what a yearling should look like regarding body size. He came in at 15kg.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 13, 2020
    ChrisPy, Velo Dog and Adam S like this.

5. Jaegerschnitzel1990

Jaegerschnitzel1990 AH Member

Video/Photo:
    Hunted:
    Germany, Austria, Namibia
    [​IMG]

Been pretty successfull on saturday morning. The buck is about as good as they get here, haven´t seen a better one so far. Areas with red deer normally do not produce good roedeer trophies.

Attached Files:

Last edited by a moderator: May 18, 2020
    Nyati, ChrisPy, Foxi and 1 other person like this.