Germany Hunting Pictures

Fritz2611, obviously you have had some very successful hunts. How much did that big boar weigh? I was guessing somewhere in the 125 to 150 Kilo range. I shot one in Texas a number of years ago that weighed right at 250 lbs. it had nice tusks, now he adorns my cabin wall. What do you do with all the meat?

Hey shootist43,
that one had around 160 Kg live stock weight he was not that old but they gain a lot of weight during the Maise season an older one I shot 6 weeks ago had only 130 Kg live stock weight (because of the winter season) but better tusks. Some Meat I sell, a lot we consume on our own (mostly Roe and Fallow because its better taste), but from the wild boar meat, I have a good bucher and he makes very good smoked Salami, and Sausages (Bratwurst) as well as tin canned meat I don't know the english expression in German we say Sauerfleisch and Frühstücksfleisch its very tasty and a lot of guys like to buy it from me, because do it your self food has a hype in Germany at the moment. I have 3 concessions and working in an 14 on 14 day off shift, so when I'm off I go hunting when ever I have the time my concessions are only a 20 min drive max from my front door. Over all I can hunt on more than 2000 hectars, which is not much for the rest of the world, but where I live that is a lot and our game densities are quite high. Do you do hunting in Michigan? For What?

I live in Southeastern Michigan on an island between the U.S. and Canada. Our cabin is 208 miles North of where I live. Our 80 acres of hunting property is located about 26 miles Northeast of the cabin. We generally hunt White tailed deer although we regularly see black bear, turkey and bobcat on our trail cameras. I spend more time hunting with a bow than I do with a rifle. I'm 74 now soon to be 75 so I had to switch from my compound bow to a cross bow. My mother used to make Sauerbraten is that something similar to the sauerfleisch you made reference to? I just thought of something, your sauerfleisch might be what is called pickled pork in English. There are no wild boar in Michigan. However there are a very few feral hogs that are considered a varmint and can be shot on sight. In Texas as well as some other states Wild Boar which are very destructive are considered a nuisance and can be shot year around. I've hunted them twice in Texas and three or four times in Missouri.

What kind of work do you do? I am a retired Civil Engineer.

Good Morning,
That sound interesting Turkey and Whitetail I want to hunt as well one day but so far the Africa addiction prevents me from going to the states for hunting. Sauerfleisch is not the same exactly the same as a sauerbraten it chopped meat cooked in vinigar and som other herbs and than leave it cooling down so you have very soft pieces of meat in a tasty jelly, but there are many different varities spread all over Germany and Poland. Bows and Crossbows are banned in Germany for hunting purposes.
In other European contries it is allowed to hunt at least with a bow, about crossbows I'm not quite sure. With spearfishing it is basicaly the same it is banned in Germany but most European countries allow it.
In my county we can hunt boars the whole year round with the restriction that females with picklets are protected and older males and females have a season. But currently all this is underdiscussion because the wild boar densities are that high and a desease ( African swine fever) gets closer and closer each year. So basically with a couple of restrictions we hunt them the whole year round. Did you had good success hunting Hogs in Missouri and Texas?
Did you work for Ford in Germany?
What kind of projects you did as a civil engineer?
I'm an Marine operation engineer and educated electrician and sailed on ships for a while, in these days I'm working on Offshore rigs in the North sea.

Best regards to Michigan

Offhore oil rigs is one of the places I thought of when I was considering where you might be working. I saw a little of that when I was working on a Nuclear Power Plant in Mississippi. The Offshore rigs were in the Gulf. I've been to Germany twice for Ford. Once to Bremen to see an Engine Assembly Line being built for one of our Engine Plants. The second time was to introduce and teach an estimating system that I developed for determining the cost renovating an existing Engine Plant and Installing all of the new Production Machinery and Assembly Lines. This effort was necessary to get Project funding approval from the Board of Directors. I retired as a Project Manager.

I forgot to mention that sauerfleisch is in fact called Pickled Pork in English. My father used to make Sulze on occasion. Sorry I don't know how to show the two dots over the "u" in Sulze.

On our first Hog "Wild Boar" hunt in Texas I shot three large hogs and one smaller one. their combined weight was well over 900 lbs. The largest one was 430 lbs. but it didn't have any tusks. It was a cross between a wild boar and a feral pig. We call them "razor backs." After doing some research online I found an article showing how to lead a running boar. After that I killed a 220 lb. boar on a dead run with one shot that entered below and behind the ear on one side and exited in front of the ear on the other side. The hog was DRT "Dead Right There" I made that shot at 80 yds. from a ladder stand. I am a Hunter Education Instructor. As such we discourage shots at running game. But after reading about running shots being the norm on some game in Europe I decided to give it a try. What firearm do you use for Wild Boar hunting? Your Combination gun?

Would this Sulze also be known as hog head cheese?
I forgot to mention that sauerfleisch is in fact called Pickled Pork in English. My father used to make Sulze on occasion. Sorry I don't know how to show the two dots over the "u" in Sulze.

On our first Hog "Wild Boar" hunt in Texas I shot three large hogs and one smaller one. their combined weight was well over 900 lbs. The largest one was 430 lbs. but it didn't have any tusks. It was a cross between a wild boar and a feral pig. We call them "razor backs." After doing some research online I found an article showing how to lead a running boar. After that I killed a 220 lb. boar on a dead run with one shot that entered below and behind the ear on one side and exited in front of the ear on the other side. The hog was DRT "Dead Right There" I made that shot at 80 yds. from a ladder stand. I am a Hunter Education Instructor. As such we discourage shots at running game. But after reading about running shots being the norm on some game in Europe I decided to give it a try. What firearm do you use for Wild Boar hunting? Your Combination gun?

Hi Mate,
I think in the interest of not highjacking the tread with too much off Topic from hunting we continue our nice Chat via PM is that ok for you I gona drop you one once I found out how to do it.

Hey shootist43 I started a conversation and invited you I hope you get it, please let me know if it went right or wrong.

letztens.JPG

As almost always I go for a walk with my dog after office closing time in our hunting concession.
Suddenly the Dackel ( Dachshund ) pulled into the grain and I heard battle turmoil
and saw him hanging from a roebuck's throat
A roebuck had been in agonizing pain for days, caused by a car. His shoulder stank already.
By chance, I had a knife with me this time and I made his agony
an instantaneous ending.
Hundreds of thousands of animals are hit and die miserably in the ditch.
Motorists who have drunk do not report these accidents logically and so I was happy to shorten the buck his agony, thanks to the nose and sharpness of my Dackel. But his small body size also quickly sets a limit.
Yet I was proud of my little girl.
Foxi

Last edited:
Normally is your car damged.
And your insurance would like a police record of this,or she won't pay for the damage.
The police would call us to search and dispose the animal.
Already from 0.3 per thousand the driving incapacity applies, by which one is obviously no longer able to drive a vehicle. If you drive despite the fact that you are drunk in traffic, you could be banned from driving and your driver's license could be revoked.

Does your Dackel hunt or is he just your companion? I think some folks overlook what Dackels were bred to do. For their size they are tenacious and can be very aggressive.

Well done Foxy !

Love your Dackel, she is beautiful, and yes, those little dogs are very agressive when hunting, they make up in courage what they lack in weight.

Thanks Nyati,Dackel are small but powerful.I know you have also one.Share your pics with us please.
@Shootist43 - hunting is my Dackels life and the mine
But the dog also loves eating,so I'm always getting in trouble with her bikini figure :P Cheerleader:

Normally is your car damged.
And your insurance would like a police record of this,or she won't pay for the damage.
The police would call us to search and dispose the animal.
Already from 0.3 per thousand the driving incapacity applies, by which one is obviously no longer able to drive a vehicle. If you drive despite the fact that you are drunk in traffic, you could be banned from driving and your driver's license could be revoked.

Good that you disposed of the buck.
Would any driving under influence also affect the possibility to acquire fire arms? Suitable to have a license etc? Banning and recalling of the license you have?

//Gus

Good that you disposed of the buck.
Would any driving under influence also affect the possibility to acquire fire arms? Suitable to have a license etc? Banning and recalling of the license you have?
//Gus

your hunting/weapon license is futsch (gone).
Mostly 5 years and up.
Twice a red traffic light.
Tax evasion .It's enough dog tax
and and and.
The authorities want to disarm us :-(

Thanks Nyati,Dackel are small but powerful.I know you have also one.Share your pics with us please.
@Shootist43 - hunting is my Dackels life and the mine
But the dog also loves eating,so I'm always getting in trouble with her bikini figure :P Cheerleader:

I´ve had two Dackels, Foxi, unfortunately the last one died more than a year ago, she was 15 years old :E Sad:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FreemanHar

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you