AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Europe
Hunted
Canada, USA,Austria,Turkey,Tschech Rep.,Poland,Hungary,Serbia,Denmark,Khomas HL and Omaheke/Namibia and England(England is wonderful) Romania,Luangwa/Zambia-,Gwayi/Zimbabwe/- + Save/Zimbabwe/- River. Horseback-tours in South Africa and Botswana.
Hi Gents,
a few pics from home.
Germany can be a hunting paradise.
Rooes,deers,chamois,and really a lot of wild boars.
But the good areas are mostly privat property.
No normal hunting on public land allowed.
When you are staying, as a soldier in Germany,ask your commander for hunting on a military training ground.
These are really best places (Grafenwöhr,Hohenfels,Baumholder and someone) for you to hunt.
Greetings from Munic
Foxi

two wild hunter.jpg
hirsch.jpg
Brezel.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a good Bock! I work for the US Army and hunt at Hohenfels. For over 15 years, the commander can no longer authorize us to hunt in Germany. We must get an auslander deutsche Jagdschein too, and all hunts at Graf and Hohenfels must be coordinated through the Bundesforst.

Thank you for sharing the information and pictures.

Hi Craig,
Waidmannsheil for the Abschusshirsch.
I see the "letzter Bissen" (the branch in the mouth,a respect to the animals,remember all given by God)
Do you like Hohenfels forest ?
Here a few pigs pics:

Attachments

• a good one.jpg
    a good one.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 1,132
  • a better one (teeth not the weight).jpg
    a better one (teeth not the weight).jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 1,135
  • boars are fascinating.jpg
    boars are fascinating.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,184
  • my dog is my shadow - a Dackel called Brezel.jpg
    my dog is my shadow - a Dackel called Brezel.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,177
Last edited:
I like the branch in the mouth. We will start doing that when we hunt whitetails and other game like elk, moose & antelope.

That little dog about to come unglued looking out of that blind at the boars is an awesome picture
Love it.

Wish we could hunt big game with our dogs. Miss my own shadow on those hunting days..

Nice trophies.

Foxi: Waidmannsdank! I love it working and hunting at Hohenfels. I run a training site that is about 500 meters from where I hunt, so during my lunch time, I can work on highseats and check the area. It cost to hunt here, but it is worth it. There are some mornings that I will see 100 to 200 Rotwild driving to my site; some mornings nothing. Depends on if I hit the grazing time. Since we had a mild winter, we will have a lot of Schwarzwild this season.

I like the branch in the mouth. We will start doing that when we hunt whitetails and other game like elk, moose & antelope.
That little dog about to come unglued looking out of that blind at the boars is an awesome picture
Love it.

Wish we could hunt big game with our dogs. Miss my own shadow on those hunting days..

Nice trophies.
Baujagd.jpg

Hello Brickburn,

at home we say " Jagd ohne Hund ist Schund," it means "hunting without dogs is dung"
Their nose and their fellowship, when you are in the woods;I need it and I love it.
Above is a picture about foxhunting.
In wintertime we run the fox to earth.
With Dackel or with Terrier.
The Terrier here is normaly to big for the den, but outside he was a good captor.
His name was MT ,the phonetic in German for this word is " empty "and we called him so-but the letters mean Mike Tyson.:)You can imagine the character of this bunch of dynamite.
But,when the fox doesn't jump ,or the dog doesn't come out, you have to dig.
It' s really a bloody work.

@Big Steve: it's not so bad,sometimes to think what a hunter is doing.

Greetings
Foxi

Last edited:
Foxi . . . excellent photos, thanks!

Love it! That Roe is a stud. I was there with my dad from 1995-1998. I was 16 at the time and went throught the process of getting my license. Was worth every second. Got to go out with one of my dads warrant officers who had a lease. Both times I got to choose the stand I wanted to sit in. And wouldnt you know it, he shot a Roe out of the others stand both times! My beginners unluck! I will never forget the second hunt. Not the greates shot and he knew it. Rather than push it. We backed out and got the forester. He brought his jack russel if memory serves me correct. About 200 yards in we found blood on a downed tree. He (the forester) told us to wait there. He returned about 20 minute later with a blood hound twice the size of a roe, And it was on! that dog took off and within 5 min he had found the deer. We would have never found that one if it wasnt for that dog! That was the first time I ever saw a dog work. Simply amazing!

As a side note my father was born in Germany. So we went to see family in 1997. Turns out his cousin was the Forester in Grafenwöhr if memory serves me right. Never had a chance to hunt there, but these are memories I will never forget. Right up there with the drive hunt on Ramstein AFB. Great times!

Hi Rick,
dogs on work,especially on bloodtracks ,are fascinating.
A good and difficult dog-work, make me more happy ,than a good trophy.
Here a Rothirsch,shot by a friend with his 7mm Rem Mag.,in the rut and my Weimaraner .
The Caliber is good and the bullet was ,I belive, 160gr . Nosler Partition,in my mind ,one of the best bullets ever.But on big reed deers,the shootout is beginning by 8x68 or .300 Win Mag. up.
Weimaraner und Hirsch.jpg

Last edited:
A Wolve at the mornig stalk.

They are strong protected.
I see them with mixed feelings.
Because we have no wilderness in Germany anymore.
But the green politic says, we have to accept it.
Over 300 Wolves are living here.
Incidents with cattle and dogs are often.
And the local press is mostly silent.
The mood of the lovely and harmless wolves musn't change.

morningstalk.jpg

Great pics Foxi thanks for posting them.
Where do you hunt Chamois?

Hi JWB,
thank you for your answer.
I hunt Chamois mostly in the Bavarian Mountains.
But not so much.
I dont know why,but its not so my game.
Here a Gams female ,27 kg clear on the hook.
190m with 6,5x57

Gamsjagd im Schnee.jpg

Last edited:
Hi JWB,
thank you for your answer.
I hunt Chamois mostly in the Bavarian Mountains.
But not so much.
I dont know why,but its not so my game.
Here a Gams female ,27 kg clear on the hook.
190m with 6,5x57

View attachment 41010
love this pic. Love the chamois, though never saw one in real life. only pics.
Would love to go hunt them one day.
Now, I have to narrow down "where" and find opportunity.
New Zealand? Spain? Alps? all places seem awesome.

A Wolve at the mornig stalk.

They are strong protected.
I see them with mixed feelings.
Because we have no wilderness in Germany anymore.
But the green politic says, we have to accept it.
Over 300 Wolves are living here.
Incidents with cattle and dogs are often.
And the local press is mostly silent.
The mood of the lovely and harmless wolves musn't change.

They sure don't resemble our Wolves, besides being canine.

Interesting politics with the media.

Thanks for sharing.

Where are the wolves at? I work at Hohenfels, close to Regensburg.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HassanMatt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

thriller wrote on Bronkatowski1's profile.
Until this guy posts something on pay it forward free I would avoid him at all costs.
sgtsabai wrote on Buck51's profile.
If it hasn't sold by next week I might be interested. Stock would have to be changed along with some other items. I'm already having a 416 Rigby built so money is a tad bit tight.
The35Whelen wrote on MedRiver's profile.
Hey pal! I'll take all the .375 bullets if they're available.
Thanks!

Cody R. Sieber
@DERIAN KOEKEMOER SAFARIS is proud to say that we are members of PHASA.
WhatsApp Image 2024-03-09 at 08.11.01_9d17b32f.jpg