Does Frankfurt Germany require firearm permit again? Munich possibly?

twoshots

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
Canada,Afghanistan,S.Africa, limpopo, eastern cape, northwest
Ladies and Gentlemen,

I have recently been informed that Frankfurt requires a permit again regardless if you take possession of the firearms at transfer. I'm trying to get a clear answer from Munich. This has not been required as of 2014 but appears to have been reversed.

Please advise if you have any info on this, I have searched the recent threads and have not seen new updates.

fyi it is up to a four week approval process and 20 euros at Frankfurt.

I would suggest you email the Frankfurt police directly. Note email below.
My last information is as noted below.

THE LATEST NEWS NOV 5, 2014

Email that I received today from Sabrina Stock from Ordnungsamt Frankfurt am Main Transfer (Amt 32 email transfer@stadt-frankfurt.de)

"Ladies and gentlemen,

Regarding the permits for travelling with weapons and ammunition there is a change in procedure.

No licence to take weapons or ammunition into or through Germany shall be required for weapons and ammunition taken on board ships or aircraft, kept in locked storage while within the territory of Germany, reported without delay to the competent supervisory authorities (customs) (including the manufacturer`s mark or trademark, caliber and serial number) and removed within one month from the territory of Germany.

This arrangement is valid immediately. Already applied and paid permit will be approved by me.

For the future you don’t need a permit for your hunters / shooters going to a hunting-trip / competition via Germany (travelling by airport Frankfurt), so that we won’t be working together frequently.

I hope this arrangement makes it easier for you J.

Nevertheless I would like to say THANK YOU for your cooperation and your friendliness!

Kind regards
Sabrina Stock

Ordnungsamt Frankfurt am Main
Waffen-, Jagd- und Fischerei
Kleyerstraße 86
60326 Frankfurt am Main"

https://www.africahunting.com/threads/frankfurt-firearms-new-forms.10139/page-2

http://www.africahunting.com/threads/new-arrangement-transit-permits-germany.17561/#post-146503

Yes, I think a mod may have slightly changed the intent of my title. I am no longer flying through Frankfurt but I was previously booked... I am simply trying to inform others for their awareness. That said I am still waiting on an answer from Munich.

This from Frankfurt:

Hunters or people with weapons who pass Frankfurt airport have to apply a permit for the transport of their weapons. The permit includes outward and return trip via Frankfurt.

Attaced you find the application. Please fill out the attached application completely and make use of the technical terms for weapons and ammunition according to the german weapons law (Waffengesetz).

Also attaced you find a translation of the form. Please fill in the form without the translations.

Please list every weapon / ammuniton separate with serial no. and co. Please desist from filling in the form handwritten.

The fee for transfer licenses must be paid in advance. Proof of payment must be submitted with the application. The application cannot be processed without proof of payment.

For the permission you have to pay 20 € (twenty Euro) according to the § 50 of the german weapon law.
Please be so kind to send the money on the following account:

to: Ordnungsamt der Stadt Frankfurt am Main
bank: Postbank Frankfurt am Main
BIC: PBNKDEFF
IBAN: DE 95 50010060 0007149602
bank number (BSB) 500 100 60
Account 7149-602
Reason: 32.22.11-Transfer

Send back to transfer@stadt-frankfurt.de

- the application
- weapon license from originating country
- proof of payment

Processing the application/s can take up to four weeks. If the documents submitted for the application
are not submitted completely or they are not filled in correctly, the application will be rejected. You will
be requested to submit the documents again completely. The processing period can then take longer
than 4 weeks.

Please do not send E-Mails as a reminder or call by telephone during the processing period. Please send
inquiries and applications via the E-Mail address transfer@stadt-frankfurt.de only.

Best regards
Julia Henecker

@twoshots I appreciate you sharing the information.

Did you get an email?

What date?

The last time a member encountered Julia Henecker she was sent a copy of the previous email from Sabrina stating no permits were required and the reply was that none were needed, given the specifics noted above.

If the above is true, then this is crazy. This back and forth for a transfer permit to go through Frankfurt has been going on for several years now!

The e-mail I copied above was a reply to me friday last week, Brickburn I appreciate your work previous as it helped me in 2015 immensely

edited for clarification.

Last edited:
My wife just transited Frankfurt with a firearm less than a month ago. No problems at all. No permit required.

The only issue/change she experienced from our trip through Frankfurt to South Africa last June was Lufthansa told her this time that she had to "declare" her firearm with them 24 hours in advance of her flight or that they would not allow her to check her rifle.

I really wish that office would get its act together. It really is off putting for hunting travellers to have such inconsistency.

Just returned from the hunt,

Munich did require the permit which I was happy to have in hand.

I went to the customs office to pick up the original copy as instructed and was told "thats good that you have it approved but you don't need it if you don't pass into Germany"

Right before the departure I asked for confirmation my firearm had arrived to the SAA plane, 10 minutes later a customs officer showed up and handed me the original copy and said it is required and here you go. I had the feeling if I didn't have it there might have been an issue despite firearm and ammo checked through to final destination but can't say for sure due to the language barrier.

London (if you don’t change airports) and Paris seem to be the only transit places that aren’t making hunters’ lives difficult.

Just returned from the hunt,

Munich did require the permit which I was happy to have in hand.

I went to the customs office to pick up the original copy as instructed and was told "thats good that you have it approved but you don't need it if you don't pass into Germany"

Right before the departure I asked for confirmation my firearm had arrived to the SAA plane, 10 minutes later a customs officer showed up and handed me the original copy and said it is required and here you go. I had the feeling if I didn't have it there might have been an issue despite firearm and ammo checked through to final destination but can't say for sure due to the language barrier.

Sure glad everything worked out for you sir.

I just went through Frankfurt coming and going, and no permit was required.

Good to hear,

I'm sure most will pass through unscathed as long as they don't run into the wrong customs officer. Hopefully Julia will change her position so hunters don't have to deal with the stress of inconsistency.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
glucoslime

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.