G'day

Ben S

Reaction score
Member of
Trophy Takers/Tully Bowhunters Club
G'day everyone,

My name is Ben Salleras, and I'm a bowhunter from Australia. I'm lucky enough to be heading over to Africa this July for 10 days hunting and 10 days holiday afterwards. I would like to learn as much as I can in the next few months before myself and my mates head over to South Africa (Limpopo).

Over here I spend most of my time in the bush hunting boar; chital (axis) deer; scrub bulls; wild goats; and occasionally other species such as water buffalo and other deer species.

South Africa will be my first international hunt, although I know there will be many more. New Zealand, Spain and Canada are all very high on the list.

If you'd like to know anything about bowhunting in Australia don't hesitate to ask. The scene is pumping over here at the moment, going from strength to strength. A wide range of game can be hunted with the bow here, with less seasonal constraints and costs compared to most countries.

Best of luck in the field,

Ben

IMG_0995.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_0995.jpg
    IMG_0995.jpg
    323.4 KB · Views: 144
Hi Ben , welcome to the forum , going to Limpopo ?? have a great hunt.

Monish

Hi Ben, Huge water buffalo!

Have a great hunt in the Limpopo, I have seen some truly great kudu, warthogs, impala and waterbuck...to name a few there last year. It's a great hunting destination.

Hello Ben, welcome aboard.

Welcome to AH Ben! July is a great time to be bowhunting in South AFrica... How many of your buddies will be going with? All bowhunters? Feel free to ask any questions.

Jerome - there'll be 6 of us visiting in July. Four hunters and a non-hunter in camp, plus my girlfriend who will be doing volunteer work elsewhere.

We are a group of hunting mates from North Queensland, Australia. One of the guys, Albert, is the owner/manufacturer of Blackstump Broadheads, a popular and lethal Aussie 2-blade head. We will be trialling the latest model - the Bushranger - on African game.

It amazes me to this day so many hunters hunting in Africa are still using 3 and 4 blade broadheads on medium to large game (let alone mechanicals!). Is the use of these heads commonplace in the African scene, or are many still using the trusty 2-blades?

I'm sure I'll have a few questions over the coming months and I look forward to drawing from all of your combined knowledge!!!

Cheers,

Ben

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
warpig602.0

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross