Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
Cleveland Gun Club
Hunted
Zimbabwe, SouthAfrica
The stalk, the setup and the shot are just the beginning - now you have to get that gorgeous animal back to camp to do the skinning and the butchering. Some folks have ramps and powerful winches to do this, but on our recent hunt we were faced with the daunting task of en-bussing an enormous zebra stallion. He dressed out at 186kg, so I am guessing about 350kg on the hoof. So how do you get this sizeable beast onto the back of a tiny Series One?
Here is how - you dig holes for the back wheels all the way down until the diff is touching. Next you tuck the head under and lift the rump vertical and tip it onto the back tray with the aid of a long pole, someone at each end. Wiggle it on right up to the bulkhead. Finally attach a rope around the neck and bring the head up and over and tie it to the windscreen. Engage low range and diff lock and climb out of the hole! I am not sure this would work with a buff, we will see...

934BD8FF-FE36-4242-8664-7BD8D4BB8065.jpeg
40D1CAE8-0E7B-4BBC-9E22-9B76E864F735.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AishaYpd4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross