G’day from OZ

Welcome to AH !

Welcome to AH, you have beautiful rifles!

450/400, welcome to the AH forum! I’m looking forward to some photos and reports on your hunts in Oz!

Hi Meigsbucks,

The 450/400 is one of the many classic calibers I like. I am lucky to have a VC SxS chambered in this cartridge.
I am also fond of the 375 H&H, 404J and 500 NE and am lucky to have these rifles also.
I love collecting, shooting and hunting with all these classics.
I have yet to travel to Africa but am planning to do so in the near future when current travel restrictions have lifted, I would have been there this year like many others if is wasn’t for this bloody COVID.

Regards,
If I ever acquire a double, a .450/400 will be my chambering of choice. I hope your African dream comes true soon.

Welcome to AH 450/400!

Welcome to AH! You’ll love it.
Very nice tools of the trade you have there!

Nice rifles indeed, what have you taken with your Verney 450/400?
I have a Marlin 30-30, a Verney 375FL O/U and a Ruger No1 in 375 H&H. The Roger is racking up quite a list of African game, latest being sable. I confess I am getting very attached to that little rifle. Which of yours is your favourite?

Nice rifles indeed, what have you taken with your Verney 450/400?
I have a Marlin 30-30, a Verney 375FL O/U and a Ruger No1 in 375 H&H. The Roger is racking up quite a list of African game, latest being sable. I confess I am getting very attached to that little rifle. Which of yours is your favourite?

I have used the VC on camel and Brumby. I am also planning to use it on buffalo in the NT when travel restrictions are lifted.

When traveling to Africa I think I will take my Westley 500 and either my 404J or 416 rigby.

Don’t think I can say I have a favourite out of my classic calibers. I love them all equally.

When I’m hunting deer my go to rifle is my boring Remington 700 in 8mm Rem Mag. Probably a bit overkill but my favourite rifle for the task.

G'day mate!! Hope you get to Africa soon!! Like many of us, it's become something of a disease which, once (happily) infected, you'll think of nothing else but planning the next hunt!! (y)

Welcome to AH @450/400. Nice to have you as part of our community. Enjoy the forum, it's very addicting!

Welcome to AH and the posting side @450/400! Nice to have you part of our community and enjoy the forum.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gaja

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,