FYI: IronWill Single Bevel Broadheads in 125gr and 150gr, no bleeder are in stock

rookhawk

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
NRA Life Benefactor, Trout Unlimited, Safari Club International
After a very, very long wait they got them in stock this morning. They won't last long.

If you saw AfricaHunting.com 's member John Lusk Outdoor Adventures broadhead tests you'll note that the iron will broadheads scored at the top in almost every category. The single bevels without a bleeder have been non-existent, prototype and early tester access only, until today.

I'm $500 poorer at present myself. These are the broadheads you want if you're looking for a quality broadhead for North America or Africa.

***I have no affiliation with Iron Will or Lusk Outdoors...but they are both pretty cool.

Yep, all gone. What weight did you go with?

They actually still have some left of what I bought.

I purchased the 150gr Buffalo Single Bevel. Buffalo means no bleeder blades, true two blade.

The reason I went with this is that there is pretty good evidence that a two blade cuts better without bleeders. It creates an S-cut as it rotates through the animal. They also penetrate deeper.

The bleeder version is sold out now.

An alternative brand would be VPA that is also single bevel, cut on contact.

Thanks. I got the six-pack of 150 buffs w/case. I just found the Ashby reports and the information makes sense to me. Going for 600gn arrows this year. Still undecided on stepping up to a new bow (Matthews V3) from my old Bowtech Liberty VFT just reconfiguring for the heavy setup.

Thanks. I got the six-pack of 150 buffs w/case. I just found the Ashby reports and the information makes sense to me. Going for 600gn arrows this year. Still undecided on stepping up to a new bow (Matthews V3) from my old Bowtech Liberty VFT just reconfiguring for the heavy setup.

Nice job, @tpe187

Now if you want to make those new broadheads extra strong and heavy, check out ethics archery.

It will be overwhelming at first, but they sell inserts and outserts that work together to add weight and structural integrity to your arrow. You'll be able to add up to 225gr of insert up front on a 5mm arrow, plus your broadhead, and it will easily get you a 25% FOC and 650gr-850gr total arrow weight.

Arrows to penetrate deep and kill anything on the planet easily.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RaymondNie

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg
Living life like a lion for 1 day is better than living life like a jackal for 100 years.