Future of international hunting

I think hunting in North America will be fine, though I expect to see a rapid acceleration of license fees. There are definitely more gun owners and shooters than there was 10 years ago. But even with an increase in these groups there is a failure to rally around the international hunter. The hunting community as a whole does a poor job of rallying around other types of hunting that they might not participate in. We typical are much better arguing amongst ourselves on the ethics of different types of hunting.

Interesting thought, if trophy imports are banned elephant would be the easiest trophy to replicate. Folks In Bulawayo and Maun produce replica ivory that is impossible to differentiate unless you touch it. It’s hard to imagine that the import of plastic would be outlawed. Just sayin...

On the question of trophies to take home, if that were ever to be banned, or just got too difficult, one option may be to immortalise your hunt with a silver replica. Patrick Mavros makes the most exquisite animal sculptures that really capture the essence and character of the animal, and being solid silver they are a valuable and worthwhile tribute, even an investment.
Here is a sable that stands in my aptly named Sable Study, very rewarding gift from the family to commemorate my real life sable. View attachment 377644
very elegant.

I don't see the lack of hunters being the problem some imagine it to be. In Australia, hunter numbers went into decline for a while, but that has changed significantly over the last few years. If I went to the range back then I would look around and see only grey and balding heads. Many clubs were on their last legs as the membership passed away. Today however, the ranges are full. In particular large numbers of younger shooters and families. Shooter licences, hunting licences are at record levels. So too is the number of hunters who keen to try the safari experience and global hunting. I think what happened is that the post Vietnam generation were brainwashed against guns and hunting and numbers decreased. However a new generation has grown up and rejected that. They have found shooting and hunting to be fun and are taking it up wholeheartedly. Of course if you watch TV, then you wouldn't see this. All the media types are still adherents to the old anti hunting propaganda. But really, who takes notice of anything they say? All in all I think the future is looking better than it has for decades.

As to the risk of the new US Administration taking action against hunting. I consider that to be quite high. Not because they care, but because its easy. Compared to many in their party, Biden and Harris are comparatively conservative (note: I said compared to the others in their party!). To get where they are, they have had to make a lot of promises to the assorted crazies. Virtually none of which they will keep. However it will be easy to throw the leftists a few token bones. Unfortunately, those 'bones' are likely to be anti-hunting/anti-shooting measures, all designed purely to fob off those who got them into power. I hope I'm wrong.
Ditto here in New Zealand . As i have just passed 60 with a life time of treating my body like shit , it is very encouraging seeing so many young people , both sexes taking up hunting and the outdoors as a passtime and a way to full the freezer . The gunshops that are soully into firearms and hunting are doing well again , infact our local one has just moved to a bigger building which is great . The big franchise sport shops are heading off in a camping fishing direction , but thats fine as i wont shop in most of them as the seem to bow to the greenies and anti gun idiots . We have a major battle here against goverment departments who want to shoot and poison all our game animals to extinction in the name of restoring NZ to its pre human wilderness with no animals . Its the younger ones that are fighting them which is great and they have a huge following all over NZ from other young hunters . Yes i think the greens have a battle thanks to them .
Cheers Dory .

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
lienminhokvip889

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois